The Beer Scout Knife

Will be my last Beer Scout post for a few weeks, heading to Italy with my wife and daughter, meeting another daughter over there. Arrivaderci members in good standing of the BSKC, please post lots of pix while I’m away (so I can look at in absence of fiddling with my own).upload_2019-7-6_12-1-15.jpeg

I just noticed that the Beer Scout isn't even shown or mentioned on GEC's website, nor the glasses they sold with them at the time. I assume this is due to the Boy Scout's legal stuff?

I just noticed that the Beer Scout isn't even shown or mentioned on GEC's website, nor the glasses they sold with them at the time. I assume this is due to the Boy Scout's legal stuff?

Best I can tell they scrubbed Beer Scout Knife from the files (because of the trademark case)...except for the production totals which are listed by numbers rather than name.

uGBOwzW.jpg

Just curious to know how the beer barrel wood covers are holding up? That is if anyone that has one is actually carrying and using theirs enough to have marked it up. 90% of the pics seem to be pretty unused or carried.

Just curious to know how the beer barrel wood covers are holding up? That is if anyone that has one is actually carrying and using theirs enough to have marked it up. 90% of the pics seem to be pretty unused or carried.
Oh man...I thought these were just pricey bottle openers with a useless sharp pointing thing attached.

Oh man...I thought these were just pricey bottle openers with a useless sharp pointing thing attached.

For some people they are. For some they just sit in a safe never to even open a bottle. Personally I use all my knives and since I had jumped on a knifebrite, or whatever they called the glow on these, I decided to not pick up a beer barrel wood version too as I didn’t know how it would hold up.
Now I’m curious to see how hard or soft the wood is and how a user looks now. Anyone got one with some wear on it?

Just when I’ve been all down because of my stupidly busy work week- I come home last night and this guy is waiting for me.
:D

Among the pinnacles of GEC’s products as well as CC’s designs. Besides the gorgeous color, the one little design feature that I really love and many folks don’t know exist on these knives is the tiny scallop to allow better access to the nail nick. To me, the blood red Diamond Radio Jacks are perfect.

We "lesser lights" that would love to have a Beer Scout, but cannot find one, or cannot afford the price of admission, have to make do with what we have....
Here is my "po-boy" beer scout knife.... it's the silver one down by the cigar... so far, it's worked pretty well. I will continue to live the Beer Scout life vicariously through you all....:D

trad%20and%20whiskey_zpsdcvlwuvf.jpg

We "lesser lights" that would love to have a Beer Scout, but cannot find one, or cannot afford the price of admission, have to make do with what we have....
Here is my "po-boy" beer scout knife.... it's the silver one down by the cigar... so far, it's worked pretty well. I will continue to live the Beer Scout life vicariously through you all....:D

trad%20and%20whiskey_zpsdcvlwuvf.jpg

Don’t down play the Alox...I carry a Pioneer myself.

Back