1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

The best fake by far

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by rycen, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Aug 22, 2002
  2. 5.56

Sep 27, 2008
    It's not drilled for LH carry

3. P1GEONPOO

P1GEONPOO

Sep 12, 2011
    It doesnt bother me as much the ones that are obvious fakes but this is really shocking. These people should not be allowed to sell these fakes in the US. It even has a fake Sals signature on it.
    They should be ashamed. Are these people allowed to get away with this in America?:mad:

4. Infinite Zero

Infinite Zero

Nov 22, 2010
    I have gone and reported it as a fake.

5. Havoc550

Havoc550 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 9, 2011
    There are about a dozen active sellers, all from China (it's there in their seller info), selling tons and tons of fake SOG knives. So many in fact that I had to put a filter in a search so I could weed through the crap. They blatantly rip off the logo's, box art, everything. A lot of what they are selling aren't even real SOG models. There was a guy from New Jersey that got one as a gift and he was selling it. I asked him a bunch of questions, he had no idea what he was selling.

The bad part is, I have reported several of them multiple times and nothing has happened. Everyone should keep reporting what they see anyway, hopefully ebay will start removing these sellers.

6. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Tesla Model S Platinum Member

Feb 25, 2009
    I just made a report. I agree, all here should file a report every time this fraud shows up.

7. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Reported here too. Sometimes you can't help but wonder why ebay is run like an abomination. So many illegal items go through there and the reports they do get are pretty much ignored, unless a large company with a truckload of lawyers contacts them.

8. skyhorse

skyhorse

Jan 30, 2010
    It's sad Rev but sometimes the only one that gets their attention is the knife company itself.I have got their attention only a few times reporting fakes but when the knife company puts them on notice they finally take action.

9. BobSig

BobSig

May 6, 2011
    Reported also, ebay gets paid if the item is real of fake so they dont do anything.

10. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    I too reported it.

Quoted from the listing......

Don't these people have any shame? Disgusting.

11. aadhtbb

aadhtbb

Jul 24, 2010
    Not rare in my country and as they want they can do"better" if there is profit

You didnt see fake Sebenza /Lcksha/SMG/GB/AR

These fakes really sucks:(

12. aadhtbb

aadhtbb

Jul 24, 2010
    BTW, im not mean SRM710 but "true fakes"--------Titanum RIL/ S30V blade . The GB,even have a "bos "(The heat treated Mark)on it!

13. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    For all eBay knows, you're just trying to get a competitor's auction pulled so you can sell more of your own product. You do better to post in the Fakes thread here or the factory forum to bring these listings to the attention of Sal and company so they can tell eBay, as the manufacturer, that the knives are counterfeit.

14. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003

Because Ebay doesnt care. They just care about getting paid:mad:

15. Mossyhorn

Mossyhorn Enlightened Rogue Platinum Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Report them all you want. It's all about the money. Ebay will not stop them. Too bad so many people are prone to get duped by these bastards.

16. jhyde7585

jhyde7585

Mar 16, 2011
    This is a shame, the worst part is that its a great fake. :grumpy:

You should throw that up in the sticky fakes thread

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  17. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Its really scary now how close these A**Holes are getting to the real deal:(

18. arrowhd

arrowhd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Best looking fake I think I have ever seen. Scary.

19. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Added onto his sales thread in the past few hours.........

Oh well......at least that is something.

20. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Yea, the lack of practicing what they preach is sickening. I hope Sal and company gets that one shut down. Some day, someone should and will hold Ebay accountable. I'm surprised it has not happened yet. All types of shady going on there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.