The Buckmaster 084. 420HC. G10 Scales. $800?!

Buck website shows, wait for it . . . . . . . "OUT OF STOCK" ! Not sure if this means all 1000 sold, or just what Buck currently had in stock.

EDIT: 4/12/24 - back in stock.

EDIT: 4/14/24 - out of stock, again

EDIT: 4/19/24 - back in stock. Again. Maybe a little salesmanship going on ?

Last edited:
I’m going to start by saying I’m not a fan of this Buckmaster or even the old Buckmaster version. Now if I could get a deal on the M9 I’d probably jump on it. IMO a better design and more practical.
The other thing is 1000 produced plus the other knives produced before this run IMO doesn’t make it a LE.
It’s the same with all the LE Legacy’s & BOTM’s. It’s happened before, same knife before it tried becoming famous for half the price then price doubles with maybe a little tweak.
When BOTM’s and other LE’s first started appearing there were 150, 200, 250 produced. Now there’s 500, 1000 or more produced and I think it takes away from the collectors value a little. Not saying it’s a bad thing if it’s a knife I am willing to buy. Like the 112 and 110 Legacy, but still 750 produced. But well worth the price IMO compared to other Legacy’s.
Apparently people see collectors value in the new Buckmaster because it looks sold out. I’m sure it won’t loose value in years to come. Just look at the prices of the original Buckmaster or any other discontinued model.

As I recall the stories of $600 plus toilet seats, and many other overpriced military replacement parts sold to our government by parts suppliers....

Suddenly a $800 knife makes sense.
Did Uncle Sam buy any of these? I have only heard that BUCK sent some Protos free to the SEALS to play with.

As I recall the stories of $600 plus toilet seats, and many other overpriced military replacement parts sold to our government by parts suppliers....

Suddenly a $800 knife makes sense.
A $800 production knife of spearpoint 420HC and G10 that you can leave in the coral reef as an anchor... so, gamechanger.

$800! That is too much for me! It may be a very nice knife but it isn’t worth $800 to me. I hope everyone who bought one is very happy with it.
It’s the Buck equivalent of a Pound Puppy. From now on Buck will be known as a producer of overpriced junk.

N2s

sO65CKS.jpeg
I actually used to carry mine camping way back in the day. I wrapped the handle in rubber tape to make it a lot more grippy and comfortable to hold. Never got to kill a bear with it though. They were probably too intimidated by my awesomeness from carrying such a badass blade:

Last edited:
Not being a tactical knife guy, do the 2 holes on either side of the wing slot have a function?

Last edited:
Back