The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

ChazzyP

Platinum Member
I just received my third Cheburkov knife the other day, custom ordered from Alex and the Workshop for its blade finish. It's an absolutely gorgeous example of his Raven (Voron) with a fine stonewash on its 110 mm M390 blade, is an open back construction frame lock with steel insert, and has a beautiful red CTek scale applied to the presentation side. It's my first custom order and one of the most beautiful, elegant, and well-made knives I've acquired so far.

I came to Cheburkov knives through mention and postings from a member here that I had done some business with a few years ago. As a Russian maker, Workshop Cherburkova will inevitably be compared with another well-known producer, but I thought I'd start a new thread for Alexander's work as it is excellent, there is great variety amongst his offerings, their pricing represents great value, and his knives certainly deserve recognition and discussion on their own merit.

I'll post some pics of my new Raven here to start, but kindly let us see your Cheburkovs and share your thoughts or questions regarding these fine knives.

4hjnRfq.jpg

ZhgH6bu.jpg

SKkuBFI.jpg

1IkyVxt.jpg

FQA5IDu.jpg

Yad0hyx.jpg

Gawd that's beautiful, I've never felt compelled to say that before about a knife. If it were and inch shorter I would even been compelled to buy one.
Very nice, Ive been interested in getting a Scout just havent found the right one yet
Thanks, guys. The Scout's the one I started with and an excellent knife. While it's not an inch shorter than the Raven, it is about 5/8's less at 3 3/4", Nsled.

musi1oG.jpg

vFsEMzR.jpg

My two again. I really like how the new Hudson looks. I would have probably bought a Whale, Wolf or a Raven already if there were versions with uniform scales where show and lock side scale look the same. I've been contemplating a Toucan but other knives took ...priority. If you wanna call it that. I really need a knife with C-Tek (Need being a relative term) but it looks really cool.

I just received my third Cheburkov knife the other day, custom ordered from Alex and the Workshop for its blade finish. It's an absolutely gorgeous example of his Raven (Voron) with a fine stonewash on its 110 mm M390 blade, is an open back construction frame lock with steel insert, and has a beautiful red CTek scale applied to the presentation side. It's my first custom order and one of the most beautiful, elegant, and well-made knives I've acquired so far.

I came to Cheburkov knives through mention and postings from a member here that I had done some business with a few years ago. As a Russian maker, Workshop Cherburkova will inevitably be compared with another well-known producer, but I thought I'd start a new thread for Alexander's work as it is excellent, there is great variety amongst his offerings, their pricing represents great value, and his knives certainly deserve recognition and discussion on their own merit.

I'll post some pics of my new Raven here to start, but kindly let us see your Cheburkovs and share your thoughts or questions regarding these fine knives.

4hjnRfq.jpg

ZhgH6bu.jpg

SKkuBFI.jpg

1IkyVxt.jpg

FQA5IDu.jpg

Yad0hyx.jpg
This is an absolute beauty. Going to research these guys right now. Thanks for this post!

4hjnRfq.jpg

ZhgH6bu.jpg

SKkuBFI.jpg

1IkyVxt.jpg

FQA5IDu.jpg

Yad0hyx.jpg
What a beauty

(Picture is from Cheburkovs Website)
Figured I throw out an image of the Hudson. I think it's a pretty good looking design. Most likely the one I am gonna keep an eye out for in a month or two. I think they are only starting to release them.
The Hudson really caught my eye too, b00n. Check out this one from the Custom page of their website.

deR1NAb.jpg

I get what you're saying about knife handles with different materials each side, b00n b00n , as I used to feel that way myself. After acquiring more and more framelocks, though, that preference faded away for me over time and now I appreciate both same- and different-sided knives.

I really like the look of your Russki with that sweet, marbled CF. Would you characterize that as a true liner-lock or is it really a frame-lock with scales applied both sides? My Raven is a frame lock with a scale added to the presentation side only, which is fine by me, both in terms of different-sidedness as well as different thicknesses to the two sides. It does make me think about how cool the knife would be in all CTek, though, and also think that it would very cool if Alex came out with some true liner-locks to add to his line-up.

eFUcvzq.jpg

Last edited:
Back