1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ChazzyP, Jun 13, 2019.

1. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I just received my third Cheburkov knife the other day, custom ordered from Alex and the Workshop for its blade finish. It's an absolutely gorgeous example of his Raven (Voron) with a fine stonewash on its 110 mm M390 blade, is an open back construction frame lock with steel insert, and has a beautiful red CTek scale applied to the presentation side. It's my first custom order and one of the most beautiful, elegant, and well-made knives I've acquired so far.

I came to Cheburkov knives through mention and postings from a member here that I had done some business with a few years ago. As a Russian maker, Workshop Cherburkova will inevitably be compared with another well-known producer, but I thought I'd start a new thread for Alexander's work as it is excellent, there is great variety amongst his offerings, their pricing represents great value, and his knives certainly deserve recognition and discussion on their own merit.

I'll post some pics of my new Raven here to start, but kindly let us see your Cheburkovs and share your thoughts or questions regarding these fine knives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nsled

Nsled

May 13, 2019
    Gawd that's beautiful, I've never felt compelled to say that before about a knife. If it were and inch shorter I would even been compelled to buy one.

ChazzyP likes this.
  3. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Very nice, Ive been interested in getting a Scout just havent found the right one yet

4. ChazzyP

Dec 27, 2014
    Thanks, guys. The Scout's the one I started with and an excellent knife. While it's not an inch shorter than the Raven, it is about 5/8's less at 3 3/4", Nsled.

Pharmagator likes this.
  5. Pharmagator

Pharmagator Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    LAMIA.jpg

this is the Cheburkov Scout that I purchased after hearing ChazzyP's high praise of his.
    It does not disappoint!

6. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My two again. I really like how the new Hudson looks. I would have probably bought a Whale, Wolf or a Raven already if there were versions with uniform scales where show and lock side scale look the same. I've been contemplating a Toucan but other knives took ...priority. If you wanna call it that. I really need a knife with C-Tek (Need being a relative term) but it looks really cool.

7. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    My only current nitpick are the clips, they are quite stiff and could do with improvement.

8. bost1918

bost1918 Basic Member Basic Member

May 10, 2019
    This is an absolute beauty. Going to research these guys right now. Thanks for this post!

ChazzyP likes this.
  9. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    (Picture is from Cheburkovs Website)
    Figured I throw out an image of the Hudson. I think it's a pretty good looking design. Most likely the one I am gonna keep an eye out for in a month or two. I think they are only starting to release them.
    [​IMG]

10. ursa08

ursa08

Jun 13, 2015
    What a beauty

ChazzyP likes this.
  11. ChazzyP

Dec 27, 2014
    The Hudson really caught my eye too, b00n. Check out this one from the Custom page of their website.

[​IMG]

12. falar

falar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Been looking for those too.

Pharmagator, ChazzyP and b00n like this.
  13. knoefz

knoefz

Mar 20, 2009
    Nice thread... I love the look of the Cheburkov Russian.
    Good to see some beauties collected in this thread.

14. Lance Leon

Lance Leon Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2017
    Edit: I take it back, Cheburkov is great.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  15. ursa08

ursa08

Jun 13, 2015
    Guys, I have a couple of Cheburkov knives. Check this video on my YouTube channel:

I can post more images ;)

16. ursa08

ursa08

Jun 13, 2015
    I think, that this is my favorite so far ;)

17. ursa08

ursa08

Jun 13, 2015
    Few images of titanium Cobra ;)
    20190328_163911.jpg 20190417_163829.jpg IMG_20190417_170242_032.jpg

18. ChazzyP

Dec 27, 2014
    I get what you're saying about knife handles with different materials each side, @b00n , as I used to feel that way myself. After acquiring more and more framelocks, though, that preference faded away for me over time and now I appreciate both same- and different-sided knives.

I really like the look of your Russki with that sweet, marbled CF. Would you characterize that as a true liner-lock or is it really a frame-lock with scales applied both sides? My Raven is a frame lock with a scale added to the presentation side only, which is fine by me, both in terms of different-sidedness as well as different thicknesses to the two sides. It does make me think about how cool the knife would be in all CTek, though, and also think that it would very cool if Alex came out with some true liner-locks to add to his line-up.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Edgeoflife, Pharmagator and b00n like this.
  19. ursa08

ursa08

Jun 13, 2015
    Cheburkov Russki...
    IMG_20171220_132848_474.jpg IMG_20171220_184218_109.jpg

rexromic, Edgeoflife, DCFree and 5 others like this.
  20. Nautique

Nautique

May 15, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Strizh