1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ChazzyP, Jun 13, 2019.

1. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    @ursa08 is Vlad? That's cool. I think your Russian accent is really cool. I enjoy the videos where you talk more than just the silent overviews, and thanks for the Blade Show Videos. (That Antique Shiro is beautiful btw.) Did you film anything on Cheburkovs Table at Blade? Or just Shirogorov?

Edgeoflife and Pharmagator like this.
  2. ursa08

ursa08

Jun 13, 2015
    Thank you! And it's not an accent...this is the charm of my dialect :)

I did film the Cheburkov table. It's not on YouTube yet, but it's already on my Instagram: @VladsBlades.
    Let me upload it on YouTube ;)

3. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    I would definitely call it a frame lock with inlays as opposed to a liner lock. Since the knife works without the inlays and is just as rigid. Although it is probably a fluid transition between the two. It's definitely a unique style similar to the Southard where the scales aren't the same thickness. I think the way the Raven is made it actually helps a little bit with pocket carry, the thinner side resting against the pocket and the rounded side with the C-Tek against your leg.

ChazzyP and Pharmagator like this.
  4. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    It's pleasant to listen to in any case. I have a few Russian co-workers, and I like the language. I think there are some similarities to my native German in the sense that a lot words always sound like you're angry or cursing. :D I'm following you on IG, maybe I overlooked it. Too many feeds to follow haha.

SeppukuSamurai likes this.
  5. ursa08

ursa08

Jun 13, 2015
    Here is the video:

6. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    Already commented and liked it. ;) (I'm CaptainSewerrat on YT and IG for future reference :D)

Pharmagator likes this.
  7. ShadyMethods

ShadyMethods Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Here's a Leader I've had for a while. Quality is top notch and it's one of the classiest knives I've seen from them.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Edgeoflife, DCFree, Nautique and 3 others like this.
  8. sechip

sechip Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I too ordered directly from Alex and was able to talk him into his first (and only, I believe) hand rubbed satin blade.

This model is called the Tukan.

[​IMG]

Edgeoflife, rexromic, b00n and 2 others like this.
  9. Pharmagator

Pharmagator Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    I am looking at a CF handle Strizh right now... almost ready to pounce!

Nautique and ScooterG like this.
  10. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Do it before I do!

Pharmagator likes this.
  11. Pharmagator

Apr 17, 2010
    wow... the challenge has been made... do you 'double-dog' dare me?

ScooterG likes this.
  12. ScooterG

Mar 15, 2016
    Nope, you’re safe now. I just bought a Mini Typhoon and am off the trigger for a bit!

13. Pharmagator

Apr 17, 2010
    whew... I have a few commitments ahead of another knife purchase... I am selling off my collection... (but it seems to be growing...)

14. b00n

Dec 15, 2016

You should post some pictures next to it with a PM2 or Delica or something along those lines, because the Toucan always looks small on pictures (to me) but I know it's a pretty substantial size.

15. ScooterG

Mar 15, 2016
    I might have just bought one of the others though :confused:

Pharmagator and b00n like this.
  16. ArchVV

ArchVV

Sep 8, 2015
    Just a little inspiration for your eventual acquisitions :D
    [​IMG]

17. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Nice one, @ArchVV . That's the large Strizh (Strisch at the German dealer, Swift in English), right? I have the small version in CF--just a remarkably smooth and stupidly light knife (2.5 oz) that came with a scary-sharp Vanadis 8 blade. It's cleverly constructed as a "linerless liner lock" with only the lockbar on the interior, secured with the clip screw and partially tucked behind the backspacer. It makes for a great gentleman's knife in light pants or a featherweight EDC for those that prefer a knife in the small-to-medium size range.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ArchVV

ArchVV

Sep 8, 2015
    @ChazzyP Yep, that is correct. I originally picked up a small version (based on your review ;)) and was so pleased with it that I wanted a large version as well. It has broken in nicely and is great to carry due to the impressively light weight. I've since let go of the smaller version but it has been tempting to grab another with one of the more exotic inlays they do.

ChazzyP likes this.
  19. Bad Rattle

Bad Rattle Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2017
    My first Cheburkov and lets just say I'm a fan:D
    [​IMG]

DCFree, ScooterG, b00n and 2 others like this.
  20. knoefz

knoefz

Mar 20, 2009
    Great, another thread I need to stay away from ;)
    Love the pics guys, the Russian is such a sweet design...