The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

Can't help myself--just gotta post more pics of the Voron.

ZQS3gUv.jpg

aJF1UCc.jpg

w4gtdxW.jpg

Just a little inspiration for your eventual acquisitions :D
26qHg0x.jpg
Really sweet Cheb, but I'm actually more interested in the "FIF!"
Little on the large side for my usual carry, but it checks some boxes and I've heard good things. Looks awesome.

Good idea for a thread ChazzyP ChazzyP I've been drooling over Cheburkov knives for years. Surprised I haven't snagged one yet, considering they've been in my shopping cart multiple times.

I'm sure this thread will push me over the edge.. now to decide where to land.

Last edited:
Really sweet Cheb, but I'm actually more interested in the "FIF!"
Little on the large side for my usual carry, but it checks some boxes and I've heard good things. Looks awesome.

Good idea for a thread ChazzyP ChazzyP I've been drooling over Cheberkov knives for years. Surprised I haven't snagged one yet, considering they've been in my shopping cart multiple times.

I'm sure this thread will push me over the edge.. now to decide where to land.

Oh man, the Fif is something else. It is heavier than I usually prefer but it is has been in my pocket since I received it and it hasen't been too cumbersome so far. The finishing, action, and design are nearly unparalleled for what I've experienced in a production model.

Beautiful knife, just a tad on the pricy side.:D

Yeah, for sure. It's one of my grails. Brian makes them individually and sells them auction style for the most part through his instagram (at least the more fancy versions). I don't even want a really fancy version, bronze anodizes scales either micarta or CF inlays and a satin blade. But right now I am not willing to spend that much money on a single knife, plus it's nice to have some unobtainium on your list to keep it going. ;)

Yeah, for sure. It's one of my grails. Brian makes them individually and sells them auction style for the most part through his instagram (at least the more fancy versions). I don't even want a really fancy version, bronze anodizes scales either micarta or CF inlays and a satin blade. But right now I am not willing to spend that much money on a single knife, plus it's nice to have some unobtainium on your list to keep it going. ;)

I was just looking at his instagram, he puts together some gorgeous designs. Seems like their fairly difficult to get a hold of but there's no way I could justify that kinda money for a single knife lol. That's almost a months rent, if I tried that I'd need it for the hotel I'd be living in after she thru me out.:D:D

I was just looking at his instagram, he puts together some gorgeous designs. Seems like their fairly difficult to get a hold of but there's no way I could justify that kinda money for a single knife lol. That's almost a months rent, if I tried that I'd need it for the hotel I'd be living in after she thru me out.:D:D

This one is definitely a little outta my usual $ range, but I sold a few other knives in order to grab it. I think it was the 5th or 6th Arch Nemesis I had tried for on Brian's website drops o_O Most sold within minutes (or seconds).

My Russki was feeling a little gritty this weekend. I pulled it apart and cleaned it up. Relubed it with 10wt Nano oil and put some Nano grease on the detent path.... MY GOD its SOOOOO buttery smooth now. Also, Gotta love its simple construction.

I've not had any of my now-three Chebs apart (I like that nickname, marcus52AR marcus52AR ). I did try to disassemble my Strizh some time ago up at our Vermont place, but we have a very weak hairdryer there and couldn't muster enough heat to break the LocTite, what with the free-spinning pivot and all. How did you find disassembly with your Russki, Bad Rattle Bad Rattle ? I do like your lube choices, BTW. I lube all pivots--BBs or washers--with W10 Nano and only use grease on the detent track by putting a tiny dab of FirstLine on the ball with a needle applicator.

I've not had any of my now-three Chebs apart (I like that nickname, marcus52AR marcus52AR ). I did try to disassemble my Strizh some time ago up at our Vermont place, but we have a very weak hairdryer there and couldn't muster enough heat to break the LocTite, what with the free-spinning pivot and all. How did you find disassembly with your Russki, Bad Rattle Bad Rattle ? I do like your lube choices, BTW. I lube all pivots--BBs or washers--with W10 Nano and only use grease on the detent track by putting a tiny dab of FirstLine on the ball with a needle applicator.

Mine came right apart and didn't have any thread locker :D 2 screws and done. NO fiddling around with centering when reassembling it. I did think about swapping the tooled side of the pivot to the front as it would make it even easier to work on.

My Russki came apart pretty easily too. Two screws for the inlayed scales, then the pivot and body screws, no loctite. Haven't tried the scout yet.

Nice Russkiy, ScooterG ScooterG . I too prefer later lock-up and don't mind a little light lockstick but hadn't paid much attention to those features on my Scout and Raven, so I just checked them out and they're pretty early too.

I have an F3 that was so early that if you opened by hand or flipped it really lightly it would slip. It also developed some nasty lockstick as it broke in. I spent considerable time tuning that knife (getting really good at dis- and re-assembly in the process) and got the lockup later and 100% safe while making the stick disappear.

I played with my two Cheb framelocks and can't get either to slip no matter how lightly I open them and they both disengage completely silently and smoothly. I expect they'll eventually wear in a taste later, but otherwise must say that they left Workshop Cheburkova working just right. :)

Last edited:
Back