1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ChazzyP, Jun 13, 2019.

1. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Comin' at ya' from all sides, J. :rolleyes:

knoefz likes this.
  2. ChazzyP

Dec 27, 2014
    Can't help myself--just gotta post more pics of the Voron.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Really sweet Cheb, but I'm actually more interested in the "FIF!"
    Little on the large side for my usual carry, but it checks some boxes and I've heard good things. Looks awesome.

Good idea for a thread @ChazzyP I've been drooling over Cheburkov knives for years. Surprised I haven't snagged one yet, considering they've been in my shopping cart multiple times.

I'm sure this thread will push me over the edge.. now to decide where to land.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    ChazzyP likes this.
  4. ArchVV

ArchVV

Sep 8, 2015
    Oh man, the Fif is something else. It is heavier than I usually prefer but it is has been in my pocket since I received it and it hasen't been too cumbersome so far. The finishing, action, and design are nearly unparalleled for what I've experienced in a production model.

marcus52AR likes this.
  5. Bad Rattle

Bad Rattle Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2017
    Nice knives! I had a Nemesis dagger and it was great!

6. ChazzyP

Dec 27, 2014
    I'll post a couple pics of my Scout here to give us a bit of a bump while waiting for the new Hudson's release.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    I'm sure it's been mentioned but what is the knife underneath on the left?

8. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    SharpbyDesign/Brian Nadeau Arch Nemesis Dagger Folder. (Before you ask, 1500$+)

Edgeoflife and Brhowser87 like this.
  9. Brhowser87

Aug 3, 2016
    Beautiful knife, just a tad on the pricy side.:D

10. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    Yeah, for sure. It's one of my grails. Brian makes them individually and sells them auction style for the most part through his instagram (at least the more fancy versions). I don't even want a really fancy version, bronze anodizes scales either micarta or CF inlays and a satin blade. But right now I am not willing to spend that much money on a single knife, plus it's nice to have some unobtainium on your list to keep it going. ;)

11. Brhowser87

Aug 3, 2016
    I was just looking at his instagram, he puts together some gorgeous designs. Seems like their fairly difficult to get a hold of but there's no way I could justify that kinda money for a single knife lol. That's almost a months rent, if I tried that I'd need it for the hotel I'd be living in after she thru me out.:D:D

ArchVV and b00n like this.
  12. ArchVV

ArchVV

Sep 8, 2015
    This one is definitely a little outta my usual $ range, but I sold a few other knives in order to grab it. I think it was the 5th or 6th Arch Nemesis I had tried for on Brian's website drops o_O Most sold within minutes (or seconds).

Brhowser87 and b00n like this.
  13. Bad Rattle

Apr 23, 2017
    My Russki was feeling a little gritty this weekend. I pulled it apart and cleaned it up. Relubed it with 10wt Nano oil and put some Nano grease on the detent path.... MY GOD its SOOOOO buttery smooth now. Also, Gotta love its simple construction.

ChazzyP and marcus52AR like this.
  14. ChazzyP

Dec 27, 2014
    I've not had any of my now-three Chebs apart (I like that nickname, @marcus52AR ). I did try to disassemble my Strizh some time ago up at our Vermont place, but we have a very weak hairdryer there and couldn't muster enough heat to break the LocTite, what with the free-spinning pivot and all. How did you find disassembly with your Russki, @Bad Rattle ? I do like your lube choices, BTW. I lube all pivots--BBs or washers--with W10 Nano and only use grease on the detent track by putting a tiny dab of FirstLine on the ball with a needle applicator.

15. Bad Rattle

Apr 23, 2017
    Mine came right apart and didn't have any thread locker :D 2 screws and done. NO fiddling around with centering when reassembling it. I did think about swapping the tooled side of the pivot to the front as it would make it even easier to work on.

16. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Soon....

17. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    My Russki came apart pretty easily too. Two screws for the inlayed scales, then the pivot and body screws, no loctite. Haven't tried the scout yet.

18. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Got the Russian/Russkiy in today. These are in no way budget Shiros as I’ve heard some worry about. Fantastic fit and finish, great action, thinly ground blade. My only wish is that the lockup were just a little later. I’m one of the weirdos that likes some lock stick.
    3E31F20A-E699-4668-9F78-ACB317652A51.jpeg

Edgeoflife, Pharmagator, b00n and 3 others like this.
  19. Bad Rattle

Apr 23, 2017
    Very nice! Id like to get a more fancy Russki like this with the overlays. Is your frame milled out?

ScooterG likes this.
  20. ChazzyP

Dec 27, 2014
    Nice Russkiy, @ScooterG . I too prefer later lock-up and don't mind a little light lockstick but hadn't paid much attention to those features on my Scout and Raven, so I just checked them out and they're pretty early too.

I have an F3 that was so early that if you opened by hand or flipped it really lightly it would slip. It also developed some nasty lockstick as it broke in. I spent considerable time tuning that knife (getting really good at dis- and re-assembly in the process) and got the lockup later and 100% safe while making the stick disappear.

I played with my two Cheb framelocks and can't get either to slip no matter how lightly I open them and they both disengage completely silently and smoothly. I expect they'll eventually wear in a taste later, but otherwise must say that they left Workshop Cheburkova working just right. :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Pharmagator, marcus52AR and ScooterG like this.