The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

I had never owned any Russian knives and now I somehow have 5.

One of them is a Russkiy with "antique carbon fiber" (which is actually burlap or kevlar or something with copper thread in it). Very nice, very well made. I normally stay far away from this blade shape and I still love it. I'd be open to more Cheburkovs but I have a "no all Ti handle" rule now and so I am limited in choices. Raven next.

(Others are 2 CKF FIF23s and a Veksha and Makosha)

In the woodshop today with my Scout.

N9jSmAj.jpg

Bkm2xlS.jpg

qoGC6kw.jpg

I did, but I don't want to rain on your parade. Looking forward to your pics and your impressions.
I don't know how to confirm, but Dr. Frunkey said it is a custom, not that it matters - I love the way it looks on my monitor and am stoked to get it in hand.

I don't know how to confirm, but Dr. Frunkey said it is a custom, not that it matters - I love the way it looks on my monitor and am stoked to get it in hand.
I watched Frunkey's vid. His lighting doesn't bring out the blade steel pattern as nicely as your seller's did, but he took his pics down. I don't quite understand why guys systematically deconstruct their sales threads as knives get sold off. :mad: I'm sure we'll have some sweet one's of yours to check out soon enough, though. :)

He's probably just waiting to stop drooling before he snaps and posts.

I don't even know which Cheburkov in particular we're talking about, or who doctor funky is or whatever, but with a reaction like "oh WOW!!" I want to see the source.

That's really sweet, Officer's Match Officer's Match . Love the teardrop reflection off the tip of the timascus backspacer in pic 3. For having both Timascus and Damascus your Scout still has an understated beauty. That's a great acquisition and a very good deal too.

That's really sweet, Officer's Match Officer's Match . Love the teardrop reflection off the tip of the timascus backspacer in pic 3. For having both Timascus and Damascus your Scout still has an understated beauty. That's a great acquisition and a very good deal too.
Thanks brother, I am frankly in awe of this thing in hand. It is going to take a bit of time for me to put into words the feel, both shape and the action. I already know I have a new favorite. My son couldn't get over the taper of the tip - it is incredible.

Back