1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ChazzyP, Jun 13, 2019.

1. TALON52

TALON52

Jan 14, 2016
    My two year old Scout now has a new friend. Scout meet Cobra!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TALON52

TALON52

Jan 14, 2016
    And now more friends, "Kori" and "Russian"...

[​IMG]

...are joining the Cheburkov party!

[​IMG]

ppress, patrickguignot, MRI and 7 others like this.
  3. Lance Leon

Lance Leon Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2017
    That Russkiy is really nice

4. TALON52

TALON52

Jan 14, 2016
    Thanks for the kind words!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On close inspection you'll find a hidden lanyard post.

[​IMG]

ppress, knoefz, grybsh7 and 3 others like this.
  5. sechip

sechip

Feb 27, 2013
    Just ordered a mini Russiky from FRWK, got a great deal on it too!
    Pics when it arrives.

Officer's Match and TALON52 like this.
  6. hstdist

hstdist Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Wow , very nice blades

7. sechip

sechip

Feb 27, 2013
    Couldn't help myself, now have a small CF Strizh incoming... I'm on a roll!

Officer's Match and TALON52 like this.
  8. sechip

sechip

Feb 27, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Absolutely love this knife, very hydraulic feel to the action and LOVE the sound it makes when locking up.
    Very light and for me the perfect edc blade length, ergos are spot on and clip works well along with great FF.

MRI, Seikogi, knoefz and 3 others like this.
  9. TALON52

TALON52

Jan 14, 2016
    ^^^^ Looks awesome! Enjoy. I too have the bug to buy a new one. Can't make up my mind on another style of a Russkiy, or something different like a Voron (Raven).

sechip and ChazzyP like this.
  10. grybsh7

grybsh7 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Why do I do this to myself? Must have a CF Strizh.

sechip likes this.
  11. sechip

sechip

Feb 27, 2013
    Mini Russki for me next, my shipment from Russia has been delayed :(

12. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Did someone say Voron?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. sechip

sechip

Feb 27, 2013
    Would love a bolstered Mini Russki liner lock but Alex told me only the full size for now :(

14. TALON52

TALON52

Jan 14, 2016
    After many, many hours of careful thought I ordered a Cheburkov "Dragon" with a Damascus blade last night. Alex only made 100 of these knives and I've wanted one for a very long time so I bit the bullet and bought it! It's coming from Russia so I guess it should be here in about two weeks. They've sent me the tracking number, so now I get to sit and wait. Pix to follow.

Here's a short video of a Dragon.

Seikogi, Lance Leon and sechip like this.
  15. grybsh7

grybsh7 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Super nice thanks fellas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Seikogi

Seikogi

Jan 23, 2020
    Unfortunately it could take much longer than 2 weeks. My Russky hasn't left Russia since April 22nd. This is NOT Cheburkov's fault but due to international shipments in general from Russia because of COVID.
    I am also into watches and a lot of people have reported about shipment delays.

17. Seikogi

Seikogi

Jan 23, 2020
    This is my Strizh. I am thinking about also picking the smaller version up, maybe in CF. Does anyone who know how the handle screws in on the CF model? Are there threads inside the spacer? Tks.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. JAB

JAB Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2005
    So this little guy just showed up
    08E1C3C5-A1F7-45A9-9AEC-47D6C6A655F9.jpeg
    Like many other Russian knifemakers I know he’s really known for his much larger designs but there was just something about this one that I couldn’t resist. Got my eye on a Scout as my next one...

knoefz, grybsh7 and TALON52 like this.
  19. MRI

MRI Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Found this on my doorstep this morning. What a nice surprise, super light, milled out and contoured scales.
    [​IMG]

20. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    That's a nice pickup. MRI. Congrats! I've been intrigued with the Hudson (Gudzon) since it first showed up a year or so ago, but it doesn't seem to have gone into full production. The Cheburkov website lists it as new, but it seems to be a special order when you click on it. Did you get yours from the Finnish dealer? I see those listed there are now "Check availability", meaning they're not in stock.

There's a sweet one with Zladinox Damascus and a CF slab presentation side on a Russian dealer site that shall remain nameless at a rather high price, but all their stuff always is. I've been tempted to write to Alex and see if he'll make me one, though getting anything out of Russia at this point is not easy, given the pandemic. Only EMS courier service can be counted on presently to not take forever, if ever at all.

I'd be interested your further impressions of the knife and more pics when you get a chance.