The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

Your comment about your son admiring the taper of the tip on your knife, Officer's Match Officer's Match , got me looking at the blades on my three Chebs. I'd been thinking about the features of those knives before and, while they have numerous aspects that I find appealing, their blade shapes, details, and cutting geometry is just outstanding. My Scout's m390 blade is ground differently than your Damascus beauty--mine being a 5/6ths grind with that flat extending about halfway forward, while yours is an FFG. I do love the soft transition from primary bevel to flat and the matte-ish blade finish on mine.

mu0iEG4.jpg

My blade tapers quickly over its last quarter to a fine tip, but the very slight bevel along its spine doesn't accentuate that to the degree that the pronounced chamfer along the spine of yours does. That's just a ridiculously narrow and beautiful point that yours comes to.

0NrMMyb.jpg

The other thing that strikes me about all my Chebs is just how damn sharp they were out of the box. I'll often re-sharpen or re-profile a knife pretty soon after receiving it, but I'll actually regret it when the time comes to move on from their refined factory edges.

I hear you ChazzyP, I am giddy over the blade on my Scout. I think it is kinda' cool how both it and my F95NL have that simple flat grind. That being said, my NL is a Medford compared to my Scout.

Beauty in simplicity, Officer's Match Officer's Match . I don't think I'll tire of seeing that one any more than you will of showing it off. :)
Well put my friend, this one appeals to me in the way a Sebenza does, which goes to your point precisely. Yes, there is damascus, yes there is timascus, and yes it is a flipper. Yet in comparison to my equally beloved F95NL, it is so much more "organic", if that makes any sense.

It's sounds are subtle, almost muted. It has this "safety" step in it's closing routine: unlock and move blade, encounter the soft resistance (of the detent bearing - I have no idea how he made it feel so subtle) give blade spine a gently nudge with the thumb that now is safely out of the free swinging path, enjoy the visual and auditory show.

I continue to be in awe of the tip on your new Scout, Officer's Match Officer's Match , but was shooting pics of my Cheburkov blades and have to show of my Voron's blade spine too. It's a true distal taper and almost narrows to infinity as it seemingly disappears from view.

DWt4n3x.jpg

HRUhdv8.jpg

On the other hand, the tip of your Scout seems to melt away to nothingness.

Action, ergos, and appearance are all parts of what attract us to various knives, but with their outstanding blades and sharpness, the term cutlery is what comes to mind when I think of Alex's work.

Last edited:
Hello!
I’m new to this forum but I hope this is the right thread.
I have a Cherbukov Paik with a damascus blade, beautiful carbon fiber red lightning strike scales and a titanium body. I have the box and card still. Kniv, do anyone of you guys know a estimated price for this?
Thanks for your time.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kP8yEDp

Hello!
I’m new to this forum but I hope this is the right thread.
I have a Cherbukov Paik with a damascus blade, beautiful carbon fiber red lightning strike scales and a titanium body. I have the box and card still. Kniv, do anyone of you guys know a estimated price for this?
Thanks for your time.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kP8yEDp

New from Germany: € 559.00 incl. 19% VAT (approx. $625)
Used... whatever anyone is willing to pay for it?

Has anyone picked up a Hummingbird yet? I like the design of this one, but the dimensions are a bit smaller than I go for.

I wonder if they have a bigger one planned.timthumb (1)-408x311.jpeg
Edit
Looks like this one has already been discontinued.

Last edited:
Need to get more pics but thought I would post initial thoughts on my new Cheburkov Kori. Don’t see much posted about this knife but I am really digging it so far.

IIxQnGt.jpg

First thoughts - very much a pocket sword. Interestingly almost the exact same overall length as a Shiro F3 or F95 however given its slenderness it ends up looking hugely long in hand. It does carry quite easily though due to its dimensions. Really excellent action on this front flipper, extremely satisfying opening sensation and incredibly smooth action. Has to be the smoothest action of any knife I own including Shiros, CRK, Specter, etc. The action on its own makes this piece worthwhile, imo. It is one step removed from the infamous “drop shut” action however one quick jostle and it falls closed easily. To me it almost feels like a very smooth CRK. Fit and finish is very good, I really dig the sort of darkened steel look of this knife. I imagine this will gather an interesting patina over time. The hardware also has almost a flamed finish which appears almost black but the blues come out in the right light. The blade is also very impressive, this knife came sharper from the factory than any knife I have ever owned. Absolutely shaving sharp and I was having fun slashing paper when it arrived.

There are a couple of niggles though which should be taken into account. First, the blade grind at the swedge is not perfectly symmetrical. It is not off by much, maybe less than 5% but this is a price range where this should not occur. Doesn’t bother me too much though. Also, the cutout for releasing the lock bar is too small, making it challenging to operate the knife one handed. It is doable but takes some finesse. Two handed is not a problem however. Lastly, and this is being nit picky, but the titanium portion of the frame that acts as the overtravel stop outside of the lockbar insert is extremely thin! Probably just me being weird but it is like paper thin and gives an appearance of daintiness that is unlike the attitude of the knife.

Ultimately I was really impressed with my first Cheb, definitely looking forward to putting this knife through its paces over time. Hoping to get some more pictures up this weekend. In the meantime maybe this video works.

https://i.imgur.com/iJn6ZXu.mp4

Enablers strike again :eek:, well at least tempters :confused:.

Having just picked up two new Russians before the holidays I was gonna lay low for a while, enjoy my new knives, and not even think about any new acquisitions. Now marchone marchone posts his Strizh and Officer's Match Officer's Match posts his Scout and my interest in a large Strizh in CF and Damascus is re-kindled. I really like my small CF Strizh and have thought about a large CF for a while. Cheburkov's offerings in that model are very broad and diverse given the two sizes and many variations and my small CF is just so stupidly light and makes such a great gentleman's carry that a larger version at around 3-and-a-half ounces is intriguing. My beautiful TiSpine in Chad Nichols Fade Damascus hardly ever gets in my pocket and could be in jeopardy.

Well I just ordered a large Strizh in CF with bronze accents and the Damascus option. This will be my first Cheburkov, and I gotta say I am pretty stoked.

I’m trying to change my collection this year and I’m setting a monthly limit to 2 knives in per month if I can sell 3. The scout looks great too, but something about the large strizh just called to me.

Back