1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Disappearance of Trouble Blades (Tim Bakonyi and Jessica Bakonyi)

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by VA Knife Addict, Apr 29, 2016.

1. leozinho

leozinho

Jan 7, 2005
    Even if everyone eventually was 'taken care of', the thread should stand.

(Lots of instagram knife enthusiasts have no idea about this thread or even Bladeforums. A negative response won't mean there's not an unsatisfied person out there that hasn't received his knife.)

2. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar

Sep 1, 2016
    I believe you.

b00n, palonej, JohnWE and 1 other person like this.
  3. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    But it's all true.

And strangely enough the dude keeps signing up here with new names or getting his sock puppets to sign up and and try to cover his tracks.

This is the number 2 result for a google search on "trouble blades". let's keep the drive alive.

BP Green, Heineken and bonky like this.
  4. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Check source for this . . .

Heineken and bonky like this.
  5. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Whataburger got my order wrong, so I was depressed. I really dont like tomatoes.

This made me laugh though. Thanks for that.

I've got no money or knife at stake here, but this thread should definitely stand.

BP Green, JohnWE and bonky like this.
  6. bonky

bonky Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Screenshot_20180721-195620_Chrome.jpg

7. neffarious

neffarious Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Do they not realize how shady these posts look?

BP Green likes this.
  8. bonky

bonky Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2009
    What, a member who joined today and the entirety of his posting history (3 total) are in this thread?

Surely he's on the level! :D

9. Popsickle

Popsickle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010
    January 2014, I never received an order made by me over the phone that was taken by Tim personally. No money ever changed hands, all we had at that point was our word. I also have no desire to own a knife by someone who can’t keep his word. I can also substantiate this claim by emails I still have between myself and his wife, and the only reason I spoke to her is because he would never return my texts or emails personally. All this even after he told me on the phone to text or call if I had any questions.

This thread should ABSOLUTELY stand as is. Let it ride!

10. Foghorn Leghorn Fan

Foghorn Leghorn Fan Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 27, 2011
    For the millionth time, if it walks like a duck....

BP Green, Thomas Linton and Popsickle like this.
  11. Heineken

Heineken

Mar 23, 2012
    I also had a order with Tim for (2) mini debt collectors over 2 years ago. The price was much below his current asking price so I understand why he doesn’t want to fulfill the order. No money was exchanged.

I vote this thread should stand as a warning until sufficient time (5 years) has passed with no other negative incidents.

BP Green and JohnWE like this.
  12. Brazilian Blades

Brazilian Blades

Jul 22, 2016

I'm yet to see a maker that doesn't honor the list price for when the order was taken. It feels cheap on the maker side since so much rides on reputation. If Scott cook can keep his prices , I'm sure Tim can too.

13. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    I "understand" why bank robbers rob banks. As Willie Sutton said, "that's where the money is"

He also said, ""You can't rob a bank on charm and personality."

BP Green, JohnWE and Popsickle like this.
  14. BP Green

BP Green

Oct 23, 2010
    Bumping this because I appreciate the information which kept me from making a serious mistake. I recently took a shine to cleaver style folders. I love the blade shape was seriously considering a DC. Will look elsewhere. Once a crook always a crook. There are far too many honest makers in the business to risk doing business with someone with such a shady history. Thanks BF for keeping this thread alive...

Matthew W. and JohnWE like this.
  15. JohnWE

JohnWE Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Sociopaths have trouble realizing things in general.

Particularly when they are working a con.

W. Anderson, JJHollowman and BP Green like this.
  16. Brazilian Blades

Brazilian Blades

Jul 22, 2016
    Tim had a table on the GX, and word on the street was that everyone had been taken care of and either refunded or got their knife.

Anyone still needs to be made whole?

17. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    :)

18. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Where is this "street"?

Another defender. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  19. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    Manhattan.

Corner of Lower Shill Street and Proxy.

20. IIDiode

IIDiode

Feb 16, 2017
    So is everyone taken care of ? can anyone speak to still being owed a knife w/ an exchange of funds?

Trouble is pumping out knives like crazy right now. I have seen 6 up for sale brand new this month alone.