• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The Disappearance of Trouble Blades (Tim Bakonyi and Jessica Bakonyi)

Ok, so I was contacted today by someone claiming to be the Trouble Blades guy, asking me to take this thread down. He states that everyone who has paid money, put down a deposit, or has otherwise made a monetary contribution for product, has been taken care of.

Does ANYONE have a claim that they have not received product, that they have paid for or put a deposit on? If so, can you substantiate it?

Even if everyone eventually was 'taken care of', the thread should stand.

(Lots of instagram knife enthusiasts have no idea about this thread or even Bladeforums. A negative response won't mean there's not an unsatisfied person out there that hasn't received his knife.)

Just received my Debt collector full size today, July 21, 2018.
I am utterly impressed with the design and precision. Sincerely a work of art. Tim spoke with me and worked with me on the available design's and options. Being the artisan that he is, Tim is upgrading and improving his models with different materials and even more compact sizes. Personalized my specific knife and was even generous enough to send me a shirt after I complemented his logo.
Remove the negative bullshit from this thread, it is far from the truth. Someone steps up and uses his ability and creativity to break away from being a sheep and you have this false bullshit posted under his name.
Shame.
Thank you Tim love my newest EDC!
I believe you.

I am utterly impressed with the design and precision. Sincerely a work of art. Tim spoke with me and worked with me on the available design's and options. Being the artisan that he is, Tim is upgrading and improving his models with different materials and even more compact sizes. Personalized my specific knife and was even generous enough to send me a shirt after I complemented his logo.
Remove the negative bullshit from this thread, it is far from the truth. Someone steps up and uses his ability and creativity to break away from being a sheep and you have this false bullshit posted under his name.
Shame.
But it's all true.

And strangely enough the dude keeps signing up here with new names or getting his sock puppets to sign up and and try to cover his tracks.

This is the number 2 result for a google search on "trouble blades". let's keep the drive alive.

Shame.

Check source for this . . .

Shame.

Whataburger got my order wrong, so I was depressed. I really dont like tomatoes.

This made me laugh though. Thanks for that.

I've got no money or knife at stake here, but this thread should definitely stand.

Shame.
Screenshot_20180721-195620_Chrome.jpg

Ok, so I was contacted today by someone claiming to be the Trouble Blades guy, asking me to take this thread down. He states that everyone who has paid money, put down a deposit, or has otherwise made a monetary contribution for product, has been taken care of.

Does ANYONE have a claim that they have not received product, that they have paid for or put a deposit on? If so, can you substantiate it?

January 2014, I never received an order made by me over the phone that was taken by Tim personally. No money ever changed hands, all we had at that point was our word. I also have no desire to own a knife by someone who can’t keep his word. I can also substantiate this claim by emails I still have between myself and his wife, and the only reason I spoke to her is because he would never return my texts or emails personally. All this even after he told me on the phone to text or call if I had any questions.

This thread should ABSOLUTELY stand as is. Let it ride!

Shame.

For the millionth time, if it walks like a duck....

I also had a order with Tim for (2) mini debt collectors over 2 years ago. The price was much below his current asking price so I understand why he doesn’t want to fulfill the order. No money was exchanged.

I vote this thread should stand as a warning until sufficient time (5 years) has passed with no other negative incidents.

I also had a order with Tim for (2) mini debt collectors over 2 years ago. The price was much below his current asking price so I understand why he doesn’t want to fulfill the order. No money was exchanged.

I vote this thread should stand as a warning until sufficient time (5 years) has passed with no other negative incidents.

I'm yet to see a maker that doesn't honor the list price for when the order was taken. It feels cheap on the maker side since so much rides on reputation. If Scott cook can keep his prices , I'm sure Tim can too.

Bumping this because I appreciate the information which kept me from making a serious mistake. I recently took a shine to cleaver style folders. I love the blade shape was seriously considering a DC. Will look elsewhere. Once a crook always a crook. There are far too many honest makers in the business to risk doing business with someone with such a shady history. Thanks BF for keeping this thread alive...

Tim had a table on the GX, and word on the street was that everyone had been taken care of and either refunded or got their knife.

Anyone still needs to be made whole?

So is everyone taken care of ? can anyone speak to still being owed a knife w/ an exchange of funds?

Trouble is pumping out knives like crazy right now. I have seen 6 up for sale brand new this month alone.

Back