The fall of Emerson Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have purchased 4 emerson knives this year and they have all been fine

Using them, the chisel grind side doesn’t bother me anymore.
It was a real problem for me 3 years ago but I don’t mind it anymore

the lock stick is annoying but I really think it is a design feature of the knife. Something from the past IMO but as long as the lock is good I am fine

I really think the main problem is the price, that is for sure.... the brand has a strong recognition in the hobby, good point for EKI

Considering the brand and the number of forum and groups active on the internet I just think the Emerson fans are under represented here and on YouTube.

If you are a fan of EKI, good to you! enjoy your knives

if you are not a fan of EKI, good to you! Enjoy your knives (from other brands)

nothing dramatic here

What if I'm smack dab in the middle? What do I do? That's it, I'm just not going to enjoy any of them :mad:
That is a little bit where I stand too but I don’t mind

I have accepted Emerson knives are not the best value and that I will have to get some lemons before getting some good ones.
So I take my time ;)
I have 4 EKI in my collection for the moment, 3 are great, one is ok and I sold 3 others that I had before and were not good.

I enjoy the ones I have
I also enjoy knives from other brands

EKI is neither Spyderco, nor Hinderer ...

If you look for a tacticool g10 folders, IMO the mili-PM-para line from Spyderco offers a better value than most Emerson
bitEmerson has something cool and rustic to them that make them fun

Ernie designs lock stick in his knives?

Well, who knows; I've owned more than a half dozen and, out of the boxes, each had lock stick.

I still own three. They work just fine. And I love them. But it took months of applying a Sharpie to get rid of the lock stick on each.
No other lube has ever worked for me on any of my Emersons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back