The fall of Emerson Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are good tools but they are not great knives. They never have been. When I was going to buy my first really good knife in 1999-2000 I was 100% convinced that knife would be the Benchmade CQC7. They were $98 and I was 21 y/o and broke. I bought a Sebenza for $305 instead because it was clear that one was worth the asking price and one was not.

They are good tools but they are not great knives. They never have been. When I was going to buy my first really good knife in 1999-2000 I was 100% convinced that knife would be the Benchmade CQC7. They were $98 and I was 21 y/o and broke. I bought a Sebenza for $305 instead because it was clear that one was worth the asking price and one was not.

Doesn't make sense to me to blame Emerson for what Benchmade produced. Sure, a maker can be responsible for the design in large part or approving a knife made by Benchmade, but ultimately it's a Benchmade-manufactured knife. Otherwise, we would give credit to Emerson for the knives ZT produced with their name.

Doesn't make sense to me to blame Emerson for what Benchmade produced. Sure, a maker can be responsible for the design in large part or approving a knife made by Benchmade, but ultimately it's a Benchmade-manufactured knife. Otherwise, we would give credit to Emerson for the knives ZT produced with their name.
For sure. I did end up buying an Emerson CQC7 a few years back and wasn’t super thrilled.

No thank you. Generally, I don't sell small ticket items because the money gained is not worth my time. But I saw a gentleman who commented that he was seeking something that I have and no longer need. I thought I could help, and that's what being part of a community is all about. It's what I do.
Being part of the community is also supporting it with a paid membership

My pants went on strike until I sold all my Emersons and let me tell you...going out into public during this intermediate period yielded to some very interesting experiences. You sure do meet some zany and wacky characters when you don't have pants on.

They have their ups and downs. I've been through a couple and I hated the chisel grind, the thumb disk was terrible, otherwise liked the ergos and the blade shape was solid for utility. The wave thing was completely unnecessary, but I thought it was a neat concept. I also like that they had regular screws and grippy AF G10, but the overall quality didn't seem to match the price.

The worst thing about them was I kept cutting myself while closing them. My fault for not getting a flipper that gives you that bit of metal for a thumb stop instead of slicing the end of your thumb off I suppose.

Gave them away some years ago, I don't think I'd bother getting another.

im looking at the spyderco yojumbo, it looks a lot like a large emerson but can be had for less
0.jpg

Hard to swallow pill: Kershaw makes a better Emerson than Emerson.

I’ve tried giving Emerson’s a try 3 times now and that lock stick drives me insane.

My post count matters, why? I’d suggest you allocate your poor attempts at snark to W&C where you can be properly roasted, or just keep the irrelevant nonsense to yourself.

Hmmm...interesting hypocrisy on your part. Perhaps you should have kept your initial post here to yourself? Maybe just don't post in threads you don't like? Or perhaps you enjoy, as you say, "beating a dead horse"? You know, whichever.

:)

Please don't "murda" me.

Hmmm...interesting hypocrisy on your part. Perhaps you should have kept your initial post here to yourself? Maybe just don't post in threads you don't like? Or perhaps you enjoy, as you say, "beating a dead horse"? You know, whichever.

:)

Please don't "murda" me.
My post was directed toward the content of the thread. Your irrelevant nonsense was directed toward my post count somehow diminishing the content of my reply. Maybe you should google the word “hypocrisy” since you seem to be struggling with it on a conceptual level. Perhaps YouTube has someone explaining it with a flowchart, if visuals work better for you.

My post about beating a dead horse seems to have rankled you. Find a new pet project, because my post was meant to be a joke. You clearly took it seriously, then were offended enough to reply defensively. It’s okay. Let it out. We are all here for you.

My post was directed toward the content of the thread. Your irrelevant nonsense was directed toward my post count somehow diminishing the content of my reply. Maybe you should google the word “hypocrisy” since you seem to be struggling with it on a conceptual level. Perhaps YouTube has someone explaining it with a flowchart, if visuals work better for you.

My post about beating a dead horse seems to have rankled you. Find a new pet project, because my post was meant to be a joke. You clearly took it seriously, then were offended enough to reply defensively. It’s okay. Let it out. We are all here for you.

You seem upset, I apologize. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back