The Inkosi Appreciation Thread

CRK Inkosi was my first higher end knife, I purchased mine in 2019. I had a lot of reservations like "it's just two slabs of titanium sandwitching a piece of fairly common steel, how much better is it than your $150 run of the mill folder?". Well the connection was immediate, but I was naturally scared of using it, especially considering it cost almost as much as I made in a month back then. I then dropped it on concrete less than an hour after receiving it "resell value is gone, might as well". I now own many other similarly priced knives, but this Inkosi gets by far the most pocket time.

Day #3 carrying my KnifeArt Large Insingkosi, among others. Keeping it in my right back pants pocket, with REK Ember in right front pocket, and Benchmade Shootout in left front. Thanks Kettleman Kettleman

EDIT - No, the knife was not this flickable when received - I took it apart, cleaned it, lapped the washers on my strop with diamond spray, lubed it with Slick'em All from OCD-4-EDC, and put it back together with a new lanyard.

Note - Day #1 was the date of the video, on Friday the 15th.

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 11.45.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 11.45.18 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 11.45.23 PM.png

Last edited:
At the risk of spamming my wares, I just added this guy to the collection. I wanted to add a large something or other. Zaan’s just don’t do it for me; looking around and reading up, an Inkosi gets the edge over the Sebenza. And of course whatever it was to be, it had to be an Insingo. I also want to actually use this one, so a PJ was preferred. So here it is, and I believe I chose well.

IMG_1004.jpeg

At the risk of spamming my wares, I just added this guy to the collection. I wanted to add a large something or other. Zaan’s just don’t do it for me; looking around and reading up, an Inkosi gets the edge over the Sebenza. And of course whatever it was to be, it had to be an Insingo. I also want to actually use this one, so a PJ was preferred. So here it is, and I believe I chose well.

View attachment 2428337
Ya gonna need to tighten ya belt for that big boy! 😉

Day #5 carrying the Insinkosi - it's not that hard, since I still get to carry a different beater knife in my right front pocket every day. I'm definitely going to change the pocket clip though. Might have to steal one from another CRK....

IMG_5923.JPG

Day #5 carrying the Insinkosi - it's not that hard, since I still get to carry a different beater knife in my right front pocket every day. I'm definitely going to change the pocket clip though. Might have to steal one from another CRK....

View attachment 2429558
Please keep taking photos in front of old photos of you taking photos. 😂

Edit to remove comment, I was being a spoilsport and I apologize.

Last edited:
Insingo Inkosi - Insingkosi
Inkosi Insingo - Inkosingo
That was my poor attempt at humor, Inkosi is just what I prefer. I know it’s been called both of those and I think you just pick what you like. 😎👍

Last edited:
Personalized my Inkosi a little bit. First, my OCD demands that it have an official CRK sheath of its own … so I got one, which got here in record time, especially for this time of year. Then I threw in a little lanyard with one of my nicer beads, which I think didn’t come out half bad, though I’m still working on getting a nice, even diamond knot, which this one almost is. Figured it will help pulling it out of pocket or sheath. Interestingly, in the pictures, the Ti handle looks almost the same color as the paracord, which in real life it isn’t that close at all.

IMG_1008.jpeg
IMG_1009.jpeg

Personalized my Inkosi a little bit. First, my OCD demands that it have an official CRK sheath of its own … so I got one, which got here in record time, especially for this time of year. Then I threw in a little lanyard with one of my nicer beads, which I think didn’t come out half bad, though I’m still working on getting a nice, even diamond knot, which this one almost is. Figured it will help pulling it out of pocket or sheath. Interestingly, in the pictures, the Ti handle looks almost the same color as the paracord, which in real life it isn’t that close at all.

View attachment 2431606
View attachment 2431607

Nice job !

View attachment 2431606
View attachment 2431607
I'm quite taken with my new inkosi and i also love lanyards. I typically upgrade my lanyards with something pre-made from crk, but I want to try something different. Point me in the right direction. Where can I get cool beads and where can I learn to tie lanyards like that one?

I'm quite taken with my new inkosi and i also love lanyards. I typically upgrade my lanyards with something pre-made from crk, but I want to try something different. Point me in the right direction. Where can I get cool beads and where can I learn to tie lanyards like that one?
For starters, look for 425 paracord, the standard 550 is pretty thick on a CRK.

There is instructions for hangmans and snake knots on the CRK web site as well as lots of online guides for knts and lanyard methods.

I haven't found a great source for beads, but I buy a lot of stuff from paracordplanet.com
(I use pracord, rope and kevlar cord for a lot of different things, lanyards are a small subset).

Chris Reeve Snake Knot Tutorial

I found most of my beads on Amazon - there’s a pretty decent selection, from unique singles to assortment packs. Start with a search for ‘lanyard beads’, then expand based on the stuff that comes up, like stainless beads, Viking beads, knight beads, skull beads, etc.

For knotting instructions, search Google or YouTube for specific knots + lanyard - diamond knit lanyard, snake knot lanyard, whipping knot if you want to get a little fancier, double diamond knot if you want to drive yourself insane. Some are difficult to follow; if you find yourself getting confused, like they’re not clear on which end they’re pulling, dump it and find another video - it’s not worth the frustration. I’ve found the Bored Paracord series to be particularly easy to follow - like lanyard knots for idiots, but there are several other good ones. For starters, grab 25’ of something plain in 425 or 450 paracord, and cut a 4’ length to practice on. Be patient, and practice a lot before tying one for real.

Also, Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley was a HUGE help to me when I started looking for help.

For starters, look for 425 paracord, the standard 550 is pretty thick on a CRK.

There is instructions for hangmans and snake knots on the CRK web site as well as lots of online guides for knts and lanyard methods.

I haven't found a great source for beads, but I buy a lot of stuff from paracordplanet.com
(I use pracord, rope and kevlar cord for a lot of different things, lanyards are a small subset).

Chris Reeve Snake Knot Tutorial
And this. ^^^

Back