The Knife that Horace Kephart created......

Ethan I cannot find the words to express how awesome it has been that Mark and yourself have shared this history with us! Many people in this world of knives talk about grails but this truly is a grail knife! Maybe if Nessmuk's knife, Bowie's sandbar knife, or Excalibur are found we may have competition :) For now this Kephardt find has got to be one of the coolest historical knives in America.

Ethan I cannot find the words to express how awesome it has been that Mark and yourself have shared this history with us! Many people in this world of knives talk about grails but this truly is a grail knife! Maybe if Nessmuk's knife, Bowie's sandbar knife, or Excalibur are found we may have competition :) For now this Kephardt find has got to be one of the coolest historical knives in America.
Couldn't agree more. What an amazing find, and, like you say, Ethan is a good guy for sharing it with us.

omg omg omg omg :D

i'm not sure if i can say anything yet :D

I have not commented yet in this thread but I wanted to chime in and say thank you too. I enjoy reading about knife history and this was amazing!

I think Joe forgot about us, haha.

there's a maker on the B&B forum building one -- he got some good, detailed pics "at a gun show".
my suspicion is he may have actually been talking to E at the time.

there's a maker on the B&B forum building one -- he got some good, detailed pics "at a gun show".
my suspicion is he may have actually been talking to E at the time.
I found the thread. Interesting.

big and beautiful? bad, bad viking :D

blades and bushlore

Still waiting for Joe's photos.

impatient-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kudos and kind words...... this blade is becoming a project---- research, replication and use testing with the replicas...... I hope to have something to share in the near term..... that is a matter of months...... this blade has a lot to teach all of us..... a lot...

What fun it is to share this journey......

E

Thanks for all the kudos and kind words...... this blade is becoming a project---- research, replication and use testing with the replicas...... I hope to have something to share in the near term..... that is a matter of months...... this blade has a lot to teach all of us..... a lot...

E
Nice! Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

E

Now this sounds exciting!

Back