Off Topic The liner lock on my knife keeps going too far, I can push it back but it keeps happening.

Welcome to BFC.......You need to provide more info before anyone can help.

loosen fasteners then retighten from handle end up to pivot. soemtimes helps. rotate stop pin, sometimes helps. peen lock bar, but i highly advise against that.

buy a new knife, a quality one, as suggested already is honestly the best solution.

You could find someone to carbidize the lockface of the liner lock, but it might cost more than the knife is worth.

I mix up some these budget brand knives but a iirc tac force knives are throw aways something you can use and abuse and not care one bit if it breaks or gets ruined just toss it and buy a new knife. I like other recommend something more reliable unless you intend to abuse the knife but there might even be some better options for an abuser knife.

id look at kershaw for some well made, assisted open, beater knives that are very inexpensive. some even look pretty dang cool and tactical, if thats what you are after. welcome to BF!

tac force are complete junk. no wonder why it sucks. dont even consider this a knife.

Kniferbro is correct! If you got a lot of use out of that particular knife then maybe it's time to lay the poor blade to rest.

If the liner is pushing to 100% even after trying to correct it, it's definitely unsafe and one of these days it'll bite ya. I'm all for salvaging every scrap I can, but I've stabbed myself enough times to know when it's time to try something else.

Lots and lots of options out there(tons of threads on pretty much any knife your're curious about to help with your next purchase). Hope you find what you're looking for!

Unfortunately, the old adage applies.
You get what you pay for.

For a knife that is under $10, consider the use you did get out if it to be it's lifespan.
The good thing is you now know that you are "into" knives. This warrants a bit more of an expenditure.

Maybe look into the Byrd line of Spydercos, Boker Utilitac, Dozier folding knife by Kabar, and plenty others can be found around the $30-$40 mark.
They all will be a Huge upgrade.

Best of luck

Liner locks in general provide a limited amount of safety but a lot of convenience -- i.e., one-handed opening. Better makes like Emerson are more reliable than many cheaper makes, but any lock can fail, particularly if abused in inappropriate "tests" like smacking the back on a hard surface. If a knife is being used sensibly to cut stuff, it should be no big deal. Most manufacturers will stand behind their products; if it's a serious problem, send it back for repair.

It's a tac force speedster model
I will try to be helpful here. I started with a Speedster model before I really fell down the rabbit hole. I can say truly it looked nice and even had good lockup. The issue was soft steel. It would not take a razor edge, and what edge it did take dulled very quickly. I'm all for fixing things but in this case it can end up being unsafe. I strongly suggest looking at a better knife, and can tell you it is worth it to upgrade. If you can tell us the model number, I can suggest a viable replacement that shares similar looks and/or features.

Sadly You probably paid 12-15$ for this piece of crap ( there's a store where I can get them for 5$ any day of the week ) when what you should have done and should still do is get an American made Buck bantam for 20$at Walmart.
They're not the greatest knife in the world but are 10x better than any one the dozens of Tac-force knives I've owned and or still own.

The bantam is only suggested if you have to have one hand opening, but if you just want a good knife you should get a 15$ Victorinox recruit that can last a lifetime if taken care of.

You're only other option would be to buy a few more of the same knife and mix / match parts.

Do you have a picture of the knife ?
If so there's a chance I have a broken one to be used for parts ( when I say broken I mean the screws fell out )

Back