The M-18 (official)

So when do we get the big news?

The ducks are not yet lined up. They are scattered to the four winds, squawking on their own. We are working diligently on this thing, which may develop into something..but it won't be nailed down for months, not weeks. Sorry if I gave you false hope. Just..you know..exciting stuff.

Well all you guys just got me yelled at. Haha. Diesel D called me earlier, said you guys where carrying on like a bunch of wemen at a hair salon. Told me to get on here and say something regaurding things comin up. All I can say now is this. There's a lot of exciting things going on here in the shop. Some concernig the M-18 and the Yuma, and some real cool news for the shop in general. This has been a real passion of mine for a lot of years and right now I'm gettin everything I've asked for. Life is good. Still broke. But good. Still don't want to jinx a lot of things so you guys will just have to wait a little longer. But SOON I will post an update with everything that is going on. In the meantime, thank you all for supporting me and my knives, and having said that, I leave you with some grinding pics from the shop takin just before I wrote this message. I'm currently working on a batch of 4 with 2 being pretty much completed. But sorry, those two are special, you can't see those just yet either!:D
2013-01-18142654.jpg
2013-01-18142611.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Todd! Thanks for the update and keep up the amazing work! Christine (Triggs) and I love what you are doing!:D

Just curious here Murph. Did you get the sawmill slabs for free or did they charge you for them? I worked at a sawmill one summer as an "offbearer" and we gave them away.

Just curious here Murph. Did you get the sawmill slabs for free or did they charge you for them? I worked at a sawmill one summer as an "offbearer" and we gave them away.

Those were picked up for free. My dad acquired them from some fella that had a portable sawmill. He got three or four trailer loads.

Two more of my children will be leaving the house this weekend to conquer world. These two specifically hold dear spot in my heart. These two are going to the writers and photographers of a couple of all our favorite knife magazines. As long as I've been making knives I always dreamed of doing something that would get the attention that these are on the way to get. Really is exciting to see what's gonna happen.
2013-02-07164412_zps362db88d.jpg
2013-02-07164559_zps3e7922b8.jpg
2013-02-07164758_zps2ed24a7b.jpg
2013-02-07165828_zps5f86690c.jpg
2013-02-07165757_zpscd6edaaf.jpg
2013-02-07165622_zps1a10e208.jpg

Two more of my children will be leaving the house this weekend to conquer world. These two specifically hold dear spot in my heart. These two are going to the writers and photographers of a couple of all our favorite knife magazines. As long as I've been making knives I always dreamed of doing something that would get the attention that these are on the way to get. Really is exciting to see what's gonna happen.
2013-02-07164412_zps362db88d.jpg
2013-02-07164559_zps3e7922b8.jpg
2013-02-07164758_zps2ed24a7b.jpg
2013-02-07165828_zps5f86690c.jpg
2013-02-07165757_zpscd6edaaf.jpg
2013-02-07165622_zps1a10e208.jpg

We shall drink heartily to their departure and in hopes of their success!

Personally, I think we're golden, I just wanna drink.

Some of you may notice the absence of the forward lanyard hole. Ever since I made the first one I wondered if it was a infringment on Jerry Busse's talon hole. Even though my hole has a totally different function I wanted to do the responsible thing and make sure I wasn't stepping on any toes. Low and behold only a few moments ago I received a phone call from Mr Busse himself. We talked like old friends for about a half hour and it was a true pleasure. Jerry explained his trademark to me and it really made sense. I have the upmost respect for Jerry and his craft and very much appreciate him taking the time to talk to a layman such as myself. So, in regaurds to the forward lanyard hole on the M-18s. It will no longer be present. But anyone who has hefted one will assure you that it will have no effect on the performance of knife. As far as the ones that currently exist out there. Congradulations to the owners. It just became collectable. :thumbup:

those 2 are stone cold gorgeous!
congrats and I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing them in print.
would be very cool if you had an "as seen in blade magazine" sign at Blade with one or both of those laying on top of the article.

These are, in my humble opinion, the two finest examples yet. You should not go to work more often. :D

Back