The M-18 (official)

Two more of my children will be leaving the house this weekend to conquer world. These two specifically hold dear spot in my heart. These two are going to the writers and photographers of a couple of all our favorite knife magazines. As long as I've been making knives I always dreamed of doing something that would get the attention that these are on the way to get. Really is exciting to see what's gonna happen.
2013-02-07164412_zps362db88d.jpg
2013-02-07164559_zps3e7922b8.jpg
2013-02-07164758_zps2ed24a7b.jpg
2013-02-07165828_zps5f86690c.jpg
2013-02-07165757_zpscd6edaaf.jpg
2013-02-07165622_zps1a10e208.jpg
That's just incredible craftsmanship my friend. Wow. Good luck with the magazines.

Some of you may notice the absence of the forward lanyard hole. Ever since I made the first one I wondered if it was a infringment on Jerry Busse's talon hole. Even though my hole has a totally different function I wanted to do the responsible thing and make sure I wasn't stepping on any toes. ...

Hi Todd & everyone,

May I make a suggestion, with a " Functional Tool " replacement, for the lanyard hole.

How about a " V " cutting tool ( Wire Stripper / Nail Remover ) or better yet , a " Bottle Opener ' ?

I personally prefer " Bottles " vs Canned BEEER :D

I.E:
IMG_0459_zpsbbb62745.jpg

Hi Todd & everyone,

May I make a suggestion, with a " Functional Tool " replacement, for the lanyard hole.

How about a " V " cutting tool ( Wire Stripper / Nail Remover ) or better yet , a " Bottle Opener ' ?

I.E:
IMG_0459_zpsbbb62745.jpg

Oh man, it's like he's in my head!

Hi Todd & everyone,

I.E:
IMG_0459_zpsbbb62745.jpg

P

Excellent suggestion. Its is now your canvas PERRO. You got one comin. Whadda you want to do? I can put a back scratchin attachment on it if you so desire. ;) put some thought in to it and let me know!

Well, since your open to suggestions... !

How about adding a few more notches on the flat ( Back Edge of the blade ? ) for use as measurements @ quarter inches, Deeper or wider notches, for inch point i.e. :
1/4 , 1/2 , 3/4 , 1 inch ; 1/4 , 1/2 , 3/4 , 2 inch..... 4 inch ? "

Kinda like the notches on the " Multi Tool " on the right.

Again , just a suggestion.

PAPI

Last edited:
Hey again everyone,

IMHO: I think the " Bottle Opener ", migt be the most practical item, in-lieu of the front " Laynard Hole "..

Here's my lastest example; Please follow the below description.
IMG_0470_edited-1_zpsfcf688a1.jpg

I'm holding the bottle opener with my right hand, exactly as I would hold the " M-18 " handle @ chest level.
I will be using the hooked bottle opener pointing to the left ( 90 degree )

The " Beer " bottle would be held/gripped in my left hand. The bottle cap would be placed inside & under the hooked opener & leveraged with a downward pressure, away from the Blades Cutting edge.

Just my two cents ;)

Last edited:
I also vote for a bottle opener. It will appeal to the largest section of the market without undermining the overall functionality of the blade. Win, win.

I'm back to thinking out loud again ...HMMMM :D

How about ...?

1. A baldric Rig for the " M-18 " .. something like the one below " U-Tube " link. I really like the larger shoulder padding & thick leather straps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZfrvt8uJBA

2. I just picked up two " Furro Rods " from a Vendor, over on " Bushcraft USA Forum ". Their functional & looked cool to me. :thumbup:
http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php/85492-FerroRod-Wood-Series

My preference would be to attach the " Ferro Rod " ( Loop to hold ? Pouch ? ) onto the " Baldric Rig Strap " near the buckle ( Chest Area ).
The other one fitted/attached directly on the " Yuma " Sheath.

Again , just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
Two more of my children will be leaving the house this weekend to conquer world. These two specifically hold dear spot in my heart. These two are going to the writers and photographers of a couple of all our favorite knife magazines. As long as I've been making knives I always dreamed of doing something that would get the attention that these are on the way to get. Really is exciting to see what's gonna happen.
2013-02-07164412_zps362db88d.jpg
2013-02-07164559_zps3e7922b8.jpg
2013-02-07164758_zps2ed24a7b.jpg
2013-02-07165828_zps5f86690c.jpg
2013-02-07165757_zpscd6edaaf.jpg
2013-02-07165622_zps1a10e208.jpg

UPDATE: I just received some confirmation on the delivery on my two that where set out to conquer the world. The writer for the mag wanted one to test in the field then send it to the magazine photographer for glamour shots. To speed the process I sent the two pictured above to both. Each one going to almost opposite sides of the country. Unfair for the knives really. One is going to be beat to hell why the other is enjoying a A-listers life getting the full threatment for its glamour shots photos. The writer sent me a email today saying they where both at there desination and things where going well. He even included a spoiler photo taken by the mags photographer but unfortunately I can't share it. I don't believe its my property. She's looking good though. Real excited about this!

I really keep coming back to these two M's. Man, they're purty. It doesn't hurt that they may launch whomever made them into a very lucrative knifemaking career. Can you believe this guy puts in 40 hours a week at a factory job!?! He must REALLY love factory work. (I love twisting the handle on this topic)

Awesome news man, hope it goes well.

Back