The Members Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by KiwiBloke, Feb 21, 2019.

1. ithinkverydeeply

ithinkverydeeply Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2018
    That’s great, I’ve heard “Cut your own wood and it will heat you twice.”

2. npace

npace

Oct 24, 2019
    Yep it warms you 3 times. I have to remind myself that it’s only 25 degrees out when my kids are telling me they are cold haha.

3. junkenstien

junkenstien Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 15, 2017
    7 below the other day supposed to be 38 above tommorrow never can tell this time of year.Dont remember seeing an anchor on Mann axes before. s-l1600 (1).jpg

garry3, rjdankert, Meek1 and 2 others like this.
  4. garry3

garry3

Sep 11, 2012
    Meek1 and Trailsawyer like this.
  5. Fmont

Fmont Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    I have seen James Mann with the anchor stamp before. I think it's to do with the early association with Maritime Edge Tool Company. I have two mystery heads bearing the same anchor stamp that are simply marked in large letters handforged.

6. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    Anyone know why I am getting ads all of a sudden? I’m logged in, my membership is valid.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  7. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I JUST made a thread asking the same question!

Meek1, Hairy Clipper and Square_peg like this.
  8. Yankee Josh

Mar 31, 2018
    Someone just deleted my thread about the ads...

Hairy Clipper, garry3 and Meek1 like this.
  9. Square_peg

Square_peg Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Are they gone?

Hairy Clipper, Yankee Josh and Meek1 like this.
  10. phantomknives

phantomknives

Mar 31, 2016
    [​IMG]
    you didnt see nothin, the ads arent there and you definitely didnt make a thread about it

11. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    What’s up with that?! Are others experiencing it? As if this site wasn’t difficult enough already, this is completely intolerable. LoL

Hairy Clipper and Yankee Josh like this.
  12. Yankee Josh

Mar 31, 2018
    It's definitely slowing the site down for me... more than it was before..If other paid members are seeing them would you please share? And if you are using a mobile device or PC/laptop?
    I do have to add that while writing this, after closing three ads, no more are popping up. Hopefully that continues!

Hairy Clipper and Meek1 like this.
  13. Trailsawyer

Trailsawyer Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2015
    I'm on a pc, and I have not seen any yet...…. I must be doing something wrong

14. Yankee Josh

Mar 31, 2018
    Curiously they are! They were present earlier today when I logged on but now thank goodness there's not one in site! The site is horribly slow however. For instance when I like a post, or now when trying to reply to your comment, it takes about 45 seconds for the site to execute the task. I don't know could be my phone. But the ads definitely weren't my imagination!
    Or were they? Funny I'm having a hard time remembering. Wait, guys, where am i?
    :eek::confused:;)

15. Yankee Josh

Mar 31, 2018
    Can you all help me out with this?
    I forget who it was that was looking for an ad for a Plumb rockaway. But I know they finally found one and posted it but I can't find it my using the search feature. Could someone post that ad? I should've screen shotted it!! Thanks guys!

Meek1 likes this.
  16. Yankee Josh

Mar 31, 2018
    ITVD found it! Thanks man!
    Screenshot_20200515-092543_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200515-092548_Instagram.jpg

Meek1 and Hairy Clipper like this.