1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

The OFFICIAL 2017 BLADEFORUMS KNIFE purchasing thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by gunstockjack, Jun 27, 2017.

1. GE Jr

GE Jr Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 29, 2015
    I got in, luckily. :cool: We were away for a couple days, and of course my paypal acct wasn't yet set up on my ipad. Had to have my daughter send me a pic of the post-it note with the dumb password I made up. :D All set by Tuesday at 3:06 EDT! Went well, Barry & Charlie - thank you! :thumbsup:

mrknife and Ramrodmb like this.
  2. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    All pre-sales are done! Thanks to everyone for their support!

Now the wait begins....

3. spyderg

spyderg

Sep 28, 2014
    I'm glad to see they sold out! I was waiting, hoping they would so I didn't have to buy one, lol! No money right now and it's not really the knife for me, already have a Broadway and Michigan, a boys knife and a beer scout so I'm covered for the basic style of knife but at the same time I didn't want to see anyone taking a loss on the BF knife and not want to keep it going. Even though I'm not getting one, thanks to all involved.

4. dpowers311

dpowers311

Jan 23, 2014
    Had issues getting on the forum yesterday. Missed out on this years knife.

Initial thoughts were it should have been limited to 1 per person but that's probably unreasonable on my part. Oh well more money for 66's

Hope they turn out nice and everyone enjoys.

Dave

5. wintermute

wintermute Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Well, that was quick!

6. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Wow, that went quick. Figured I would have a few days to decide...

7. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    hope everyone played fairly and the gougers/flippers didnt get too many

8. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    no no, thank you and Charlie for putting up with the headaches all these years!

knowtracks likes this.
  9. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    No computer problems, and at least a reasonable chance to get one!
    I think the limit of two knives per person worked out OK also.
    Can't wait to see the knives.
    We might see parts in progress at the Rendezvous!!!

10. gunstockjack

May 14, 2011
    Well, at least I have my trusty 2013 model to fondle until the 2017 BF knives come out. This is one of my fav's and one of the few knives I have that has a moniker. Perhaps some of you remember "Ol' Dimple", my ebony 'second' due to a mark in the cover.

For those of you that haven't used the sheepfoot much, I think you'll find it quite useful for opening packaging and sharpening pencils! Thing goes through cardboard like a laser and clampacks are no match. :)

I used mine to carve out these little letters....

not really.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Wow... I can't believe I missed it !!!

Bummed :-(

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  12. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf

Dec 3, 2015
    Unfortunately, funds didn't work out for me this year. Enjoy your knives, everyone! I can't wait to see pictures!

13. r redden

r redden Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 23, 2015
    For once I got mine bought and didn't miss out I'm usually a day late and a dollar short. Thanks guys for such a fine knife and allowing us to have two. One to carry and one two admire.

14. liamstrain

liamstrain

Jan 16, 2013
    Excellent - I'll get going on artwork!

redsparrow, Ramrodmb and Railsplitter like this.
  15. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Schucks

16. AlwaysTomboy

AlwaysTomboy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Dang, looks like I missed out after all. No email confirmation. I was preoccupied when I was ordering and must have missed clicking something somewhere. I remember signing into paypal but must not have completed the order because it's still in my cart. :rolleyes:

Note to self: Knife ordering deserves your full attention. :p

Totally stoked for everyone who got one and looking forward to seeing lots of photos! :D

17. stevenkelby

stevenkelby

Feb 27, 2010
    I'm too late! Is there a wait list?

18. t.willy

t.willy

Mar 31, 2016
    Great looking knives congratulations everyone. I almost pulled the trigger but I had to hold off. Got to many knives on order and heading to me in the mail lol. I :D

19. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    Great.... Figures that my crappy health would keep me offline till I missed out! :(

If anyone ends up with an extra I'd be extremely interested....

20. gunstockjack

May 14, 2011
    Guys, I have purposely undersold the 2017 BF order to prevent overselling and consequential problems. Remember, the final number of 500 is not written in stone, and there will likely be some seconds. When all is said and done there should be a few knives left over for sale, both first quality product and possibly a second or two. At that time, I will post a thread for those of you who didn't get a 2017 BF knife and would like a chance to buy one. Winners will be chosen at random for whatever knives are available and I will then put up a link for the winners. OK?

This is as fair as I know how to be, but if you have a better suggestion, I'm open to hear it.