The Official Lanyard Thread

How many different lanyards am I going to tie on this knife? I figured out that I've been tying my Extended Crown and Diamond Knots improperly recently. I had two different wrong versions on two or three knives, one of which kinda looked ok, but the last one on this Cheburkov Scout really bugged me. I went back to Youtube, got technique down again on a couple practice pieces, and figured I'd get this one right as both this knife and Inspiribomb's Ultem bead are so sweet.

The side-story here is that it's become harder and harder for me to move around as my hip condition degenerates (surgery tomorrow, yay!), so even though I wanted to get another piece of that silver and black cord for the "right" lanyard, it was in the other room. I had a big hank of this black 550 right next to me and it is nice, slack cord, so that's what's on this one now. Maybe when I'm back home and further along in my re-hab I'll tie up the silver and black and we can have even more pics of this knife on the Official Lanyard Thread. :rolleyes:

xEyFeVy.jpg

MrEHPQH.jpg

That Hinderer is really sweet, jwh720 jwh720 . I’ll have a Black G10 Halftrack waiting for me when I’m home from the hospital along with a copper hardware kit from @whitty . That’ll be something to put together and play with while I’m recuperating.

How do you like the no choil XM? Looks great.
Thanks, I like it a lot. Im not usually into dlc but battle black finish is really nice. The extra cutting edge on the no choil I like alot. I am never able to get my finger comfortable in a choil so it might as well be cuttibg edge anyway.

That Hinderer is really sweet, jwh720 jwh720 . I’ll have a Black G10 Halftrack waiting for me when I’m home from the hospital along with a copper hardware kit from @whitty . That’ll be something to put together and play with while I’m recuperating.

You can never go wrong with a half track! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

This WE 801 ties up nicely with the lanyard hold below the scale lines

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

and the Viking Rune bead between the diamond knots, the knots help to keep the bead from bumping into the handle and the whipping knot near the knife helps to keep the whole thing under control, doesn't flop around.

G2

I came home from the hospital yesterday having had my hip replaced. I bought myself a few presents before I went in that I figured would be waiting for me when I got out. I picked up a very sweet Hinderer HalfTrack off the Exchange, a set of copper hardware from @whitty , and a few odd beads from that Big Auction Site. I changed out the hardware last night (props to my patient wife and son who picked up all the tiny bits my drug-addled self kept fumbling to the floor), and tied up a lanyard this morning. New hip, new knife, all an old guy could ask for....

ovQzF4i.jpg

07G6CoL.jpg

CrPF0A1.jpg

I came home from the hospital yesterday having had my hip replaced. I bought myself a few presents before I went in that I figured would be waiting for me when I got out. I picked up a very sweet Hinderer HalfTrack off the Exchange, a set of copper hardware from @whitty , and a few odd beads from that Big Auction Site. I changed out the hardware last night (props to my patient wife and son who picked up all the tiny bits my drug-addled self kept fumbling to the floor), and tied up a lanyard this morning. New hip, new knife, all an old guy could ask for....

ovQzF4i.jpg

07G6CoL.jpg

CrPF0A1.jpg

That looks great! I hope you have a quick and complete recovery.

Had a chance to check out a Benchmade Proper today, my wife's uncle is also a knife guy like me and he was at my inlaws house for Easter dinner today, he needed a lanyard put on and also an edge was needed too, that plus the action was pretty coarse, so when I got home I took the knife apart, polished up the bronze washers, and also very lightly sanded/smoothed out the end of the tang that rides on the back spring, now it opens much nicer and smoother too. I sharpened it up on my Ken Onion Worksharp bladegrinder attachment which gives it a nice convex edge, and these knives do have a robust edge thickness, not what I like in a small slip joint folder but after sharpening it, I was pleased at how well it sliced through leather, better than I would have guessed.

So his need of a lanyard he wanted it a little longer so the end would hang out of his pocket so he can grab that and draw the knife out, has two diamond knots with a celtic bead in between and I used a whip knot at the lanyard hole which prevents the lanyard from going into harms way of the edge, plus keeps the bead and knots out where they belong.

Nice knife, if I were to find a good deal on one I'd consider picking one up.
G2

Got my scales in today. Truth be told I should have waited until I met the jade G10 in person, because I quite like them.. Oh well, what's a bit more money thrown at my knives.

The new scales are nice and fit perfect. I just tied a boring lanyard, I might step up my game and try some new knots. You guys do some cool things.

20180403_221933-1494x2656.jpg 20180403_222642-1494x2656.jpg 20180403_225011-2656x1494.jpg 20180403_225528-1330x2131.jpg

Hey lanyard folks. Never been big into tying anything onto my knives but I am trying out a leather lanyard on my Sebenza 25. One concern is the blade hitting the lanyard, its not cutting into it yet but you can definitely see a mark from where it is hitting and rubbing.

I've read through some of the thread and see that on the Zaan, 25 and Inkosi that this is pretty well documented. My question is: has the blade cut through any of y'all's lanyards yet? Do I need to worry? Replace the lanyard after a while?

I carried my zaan almost daily and although the tip of the blade did contact the lanyard, it never looked like it was in danger of breaking or even coming close. Eventually I removed the factory lanyard and metal piece and just strung a new lanyard through the hole that remained.

Back