The Official Lanyard Thread

thanks to BlindMouse2of3 BlindMouse2of3 he sent 15' of this 155lb test paracord, now, I should be able to locate my knife in the dark ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

in a little light

in pretty dark, of course the cord was charged by a flashlight prior to taking the photo, I don't know how long the lumen would last, but it is different!

G2

That came out great. I have several of the countycomm glow products and they are usually pretty impressive. I keep the glow parts tray on my nightstand and just from the little bit of light it gets from the bedroom light in the evening it glows all night long. I haven't used the glow cord myself yet so it'll be interesting to see what you performance you get out of it.

thanks to BlindMouse2of3 BlindMouse2of3 he sent 15' of this 155lb test paracord, now, I should be able to locate my knife in the dark ;)

in a little light

in pretty dark, of course the cord was charged by a flashlight prior to taking the photo, I don't know how long the lumen would last, but it is different!

G2
Very Cool! I've been using GITD scales by the bedside instead, but this looks fun/good.

Nothing new here, but since I've been fooling around with Imgur again in the wake of this "Too Many Attachments" thing, I've got lotsa pics of knives and tails from the last few days, so I figured I'd stick some of 'em over here. A favorite knife with a favorite bead from our friend sonofwilfred sonofwilfred ...

7cKLcEc.jpg

...and another knife I'm particularly fond of with a simple bead from a maker I like on the Artsy Craftsy site.

DT1CIyQ.jpg

Hard to tell from just the photo but an off guess would be trying some 325lb paracord that might work with that.
Trick also would be to cut off a bit of the inner strands near the end so you are pushing a thinner section through the hole and once through you can pull the rest of the cord with strands through.
G2

Smaller will result in a mighty small knot which doesn't provide the ability to help draw the knife out, you can get sample sizes of the 325lb I think just to see if you can get it to work.

another 'trick' is to take an inner thread from another piece of paracord to tie onto the piece you want to pull through the hole just to get it started.
G2

edited to add, I used micro cord to tie lanyards onto my Swiss Army knives, removed the split rings and went through the very small hole, it was a struggle !

On my Sigma the lanyard hole is way to small. One of my friends had the idea to tie a small lanyard to the knife that you could later use to hook in the main one. I will try to find a pic of my setup.

Back