The "Official" T.M.Hunt Pooch and Puss thread

TMHunt

Knifemaker/Moderator
We all like knives that's a fact. But there are a lot of other things in life that brings us joy and one thing that comes to mind is the bond we form with our pets. So, just for fun, let's take a break and let's see and hear about your furry friends. Hell, they don't even have to be furry, they can be scaley, slimmy, and slithery too. If there your pets, let's see em!

Here's my two mongrel misfits!

20140215_215614_zps52696492.jpg

I never was much of a cat lover, but back in 2008 we had a terrible flood in this area that displaced a lot of people and animals. Leo here was one of them and when my wife and kids first layed eyes on him at the adoption center, I knew that it didnt matter what I had to say about it, he was coming home with us. I figured he would last about a week until he scratched up my leather sofa and I made a rug out of him, but in his defense, he has never bothered a thing. As a matter of fact, I have grown quite fond of him over the years and he even comes out to the shop to supervise my work.

2014021595220251_zps8ef096ce.jpg
20140215_212002_zps35f39cac.jpg
20140215_220447_2_zps55770b55.jpg

Sophie is our newest adventure in pet ownership. She is our Golden Retriever puppy we bought for our kids this last Christmas. She was born Oct. 4 and has been a ball of fire ever since. As far as puppies go she's been pretty easy to deal with. she's smart, playful, loves the kids and doesnt have a mean bone in her body. Its hard to believe the amount of joy she has brought to this family since we brought her home. I look forward to getting her out on the trails when the weather warms up.

This first pic is what she looked like when I bought her.

IMG_3904_zps9a093c0e.jpg

This is her the day we brought her home

IMG951621_zpscf58a61d.jpg

Christmas morning, My daughter on the left, my niece in the middle, my son on the right

IMG_9490_zps1557749b.jpg
20131229_215012_zpsa3e6a7dc.jpg
2014-01-02133731_zps2632b1b6.jpg

Sophie and my lovely wife Gina

2014-01-26121748_zpsae27d588.jpg

Just 6 months old and 45 lbs. Gonna be a big girl.

2014-03-01220229_zps0776570b.jpg

2014-01-28205642_zps75d55f47.jpg

Last edited:
Cool thread idea! Here's our cat Skitty inspecting a fresh bowl of snow-cream a few weeks ago...

tumblr_n0x4ltCSfQ1t96dyxo1_1280.jpg

Awesome thread and pets!! Sophie got BIG quick, and looks great with the family. Golden Retrievers are an awesome breed. Smart and friendly with great attitudes.

I cant not comment on that Bowie either LOL that thing is MASSIVE and looks excellent. I get an evil smile when i see it and want to do not nice things to it... but in a good way.

Here is my Shiba Inu puppy Neko!

The Shiba Inu is not a common breed around here. Up until a few months ago i had never heard of them honestly. Once i seen them i had to have one and started researching the breed and looking for a local breeder. They are a Japanese breed closely related to the more common and way larger Akita. The shiba Inu males dont go over 25 pounds most the time, females are smaller and dont go over 20 pounds. Which works great for us where i live because im not allowed dogs over 25 pounds.

Neko is awesome. a fast learner but hard headed.... Kind of like me, except for the fast learner part HAHA

Neko at 7 weeks

11-12 weeks

14 weeks

Today 17 weeks

Just a mut somebody dropped off, but the best dog I ever had. Our buddy Penny.

13427550395_cbff4525c8_b.jpg

Can I play too?

My Yellow lab, Lilac.

fire052_zpsd99d6e2c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

She has been on many outings with me and has been featured in all that have been posted on the forums.

fire081_zps888499e4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We used to bread Labradoodles and when we stopped started finding homes for the adults we gave my dogs Mom away in exchange for first pick of the litter!

Maddies8CreamMale2_zps26db1b6b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We also have a Turtle, named "Thomas" :eek:.( Well, what else are you supposed to name a Turtle? ;)

1017627_1435211100044185_1121783412_n.jpg

(recycled pic, and horrible, sorry!)
He is at lest 27 years old! I say at least because the lady that gave him to us had him for 24 years and we've hade him for three. He was wild caught.

Last edited:
Great pics guys, WW, that dog of yours reminds me of a miniature Chow Chow. My wife and I had one with a mix of German Shepard for 14 years. good dog as long as you were me or her. Otherwise, he was a law suite waiting to happen. Hows the temperment on that little guy. He sure is a handsome fellow.

Trade. Penny looks very sweet. Its a shame that people would dump a innocent animal like that. good to see it found a good home

MM. Thats a god looking Lab, I can imagine shes a fine dog. We were torn between the lab and the retriever when we bought Sophie. Both great breeds. In the end the Retriever prevailed just because my wife liked the longer hair.

Here is my 12 y/o girl, Jo. She's a full blood Australian Shepherd that some family friends had to get rid of when she was a pup. She looked like such a cute and fuzzy pup, but it just didn't work out well for them as she grew. She was supposed to be my Mom's dog, but latched onto me from the evening we brought her home on. I couldn't have asked for a better dog...

0905001913.jpg

(The bank usually has treats and she is well aware of this)

0905001906a.jpg

Maybe a year after she joined the family I got my first Jeep. If I wasn't going to school or going to be out all night, she was there with me in the back seat. Unfortunately she has to stay back at the family "farm" out in the sticks with my Jeep when I moved to the city..... Lucky dog.

Here'd Dad's Blue Heeler. She's....... something else. :rolleyes:
100_0650.jpg

Love these threads.
One day I'll learn to post pics but I have a 5 yr old male Great Dane (fawn in color) named Archie.
Definitely my best friend and he befriends ALMOST everyone he meets (animal or human).
Squirrels, deer, rabbits, raccoons, birds and moles...not so much. But traditional household pets are no prob.

Love these threads.
One day I'll learn to post pics but I have a 5 yr old male Great Dane (fawn in color) named Archie.
Definitely my best friend and he befriends ALMOST everyone he meets (animal or human).
Squirrels, deer, rabbits, raccoons, birds and moles...not so much. But traditional household pets are no prob.

Great Dane is a big beast indeed. would love to see what he looks like. Welcome to my subforum by the way Huntbomb. (your name got my attention :rolleyes:)

Great pics guys, WW, that dog of yours reminds me of a miniature Chow Chow. My wife and I had one with a mix of German Shepard for 14 years. good dog as long as you were me or her. Otherwise, he was a law suite waiting to happen. Hows the temperment on that little guy. He sure is a handsome fellow.

Thanks Todd,

And a guy down the road thought he was a Chow Chow. His girlfriend or wife or whatever asked me what type of dog he was and before i could answer he said Chow, Then i said he is a Shiba Inu and the guy said he thinks im wrong :rolleyes: It was pretty funny, but i do see the resemblance.

His temperament is pretty good. He is energetic and gets excited and runs full speed through the house jumping on and over stuff at times. He loves chasing the kids around the house... Or if i pull out the laser beam he will chase that thing until he falls over panting too tired to move LMAO

He doesnt bark a lot at all, but if the vacuum cleaner or blender starts up he will start barking and if i dont pet him to calm him down he will keep barking until i turn off the vacuum or blender. With the exception of those things he doesnt make a lot of noise, which i like. But when anyone comes to the door he jumps up and runs straight to me, if i dont get up to check the door he will bite at my leg to try and encourage me to open the door.

Its pretty obvious he likes my son, the youngest, best. When any of us come home he gets excited and jumps up on us hugging and kissing us... But he knows exactly what time my son comes home from school and he sits by the front door waiting for me to open it. I use to open the door 10 minutes before the bus comes so i could watch for it, but now the dog alerts me 10-15 minutes before hand to open the door so he can sit by it. Once he sees the bus he starts sprinting in circles around the house in excitement. If anyone in the house, including me, says its "my" dog, my son will say Nu-Uh, he loves me best, dats my dog. Its funny, but true HAHA

Smart dog. I work with him at night and he picks stuff up fast... But when he gets excited he stops listening. Right now he will come, sit, stand up on back legs, and high five... as long as nothing distracts him while im saying commands. If i get on the floor on all 4s next to the couch.... he will jump on the couch then when i pat on my back he will jump from the couch onto my back and then jump off my back. Im trying to teach him to jump on to my back and then sit down. But once he gets going and excited he stops paying attention and just want to play. But thats kind of expected with a puppy.

LMAO i just realized i wrote this much... ill stop now HAHA

My best friend is my Boston Terrier Mini-G. My wife got her for me about a year and a half ago as a birthday present. She's about 6 years old and definitely the best present ever.

Another picture of the knucklehead Fritz

And here is Jules the cat with no eyes.

My granddaughter Hayley and Stella our Boxer.

My granddaughter Hanna with our Bassett Penny.

Back