The official "Where's The Box" Thread!

After I recieved the letter I set it aside to write my peice, and some how I've lost it. There are only so many places it could have gone; I am in the process of tracking the thing down. When I find it it will be out the door.
Big sorry to everyone for the delay!

Let's go ahead and get the box moving again. If we can catch the papers up with it, awesome, but I don't want to hold it up anymore. Crowdog, keep looking. If you find them, let me know and I'll get them and the box linked up.

Just curious, but why don't you include the 2 OCONUS states? If you're using a flat rate box it doesn't cost any more to ship it and the transit time is about 3 days. (I sell stuff all the time and that's the average time from shipping to receiving)

Just curious, but why don't you include the 2 OCONUS states? If you're using a flat rate box it doesn't cost any more to ship it and the transit time is about 3 days. (I sell stuff all the time and that's the average time from shipping to receiving)

I don't have a good answer. I started this a long time ago. I don't even remember who I was back then, let alone why I did or didn't do things.

Let's all not forget about this.

Crowdog, did you ever find the papers or is it a lost cause.

LET'S GET THE BOX MOVING.

He emailed me. DW is on it. He's got a hectic life right now so it's all good. He said he's going to get it out to you this weekend.

So where did the box go???

So how many months is it now that the box has been missing???

darkwaters got any answers here on this situation buddy??? looks like you were the last person to have it.

Looks like darkwaters Last Activity here on the board was on 10-07-2010 01:14 PM :mad:

Anyone else have any ideas on how to handle this???

Does anyone have any direct contact info for darkwaters, like a phone number or an address. Any contact IRL with him??

crowdog, you have his real name and address don't you???? Pm me with it.

"RAT Pack members ONLY" so can we get the personal contact info for RAT Pack member #375??? I'm sure he was sent a "Rat Pack ID card".

Should we get Spark involved and take this to the next level????:( (just an FYI, not really my first option, but it is on the table as far as I am concerned)

Not for nothing but I for one am a little pissed. I have been on the list like all of you and waiting patiently for my turn (even though I am the last) on the list. For over a year now I have been waiting. Pass-arounds are a privilege and you are taking on a responsibility. I'm sorry but it is very obvious with 4+ months of no contact that there is something wrong.

Short of him falling off a mountain or being in a coma there is no excuse for not following through with his responsibilities to this pass-around. Epic fail :thumbdn:

If there truly is a valid reason for this four month delay or there is some missing info on the situation that provides a real valid reason then I will be more than happy to pull this post and stick my foot in my mouth...... but :rolleyes: that would ahve to be one hell of a story.

Per Spark on 07-01-2003, 07:22 PM

Rules For Passarounds
These are the rules for the pass around forum. By signing up for a pass-around, you agree to the following:

The Short List:

1. Bladeforums.com is not reponsible for anything pertaining to this passaround.

2. I will ship the knife insured appropriately and within the designated timeframe and agree to replace it if lost.

3. I am over 18 years of age, and the knife involved in the passaround is legal to possess and carry in my jurisdiction.

4. I understand that I am not exchanging money for any goods.

5. I agree to pass along the knife in the condition I received it, or better.

6. If I violate any of these rules, I will be banned and not allowed to participate in any more passarounds. I also understand that my name, address, and contact information will be posted as a warning to prevent others from being scammed.

------------------------------------------

More Complete Passaround forum rules:

By agreeing to take part in any passaround posted on Bladeforums, I agree to the following conditions:

1. I release BladeForums.com, it's members, etc from any liability that results from my participating in this passaround. This includes any damages that may result from using, abusing, or testing the passaround knife.

2. I agree that I will have the passaround knife for a set period of days as specified in the passaround thread, then send it to the next person on the list, at my expense. I agree that postage and insurance are my responsibility and that should the knife fail to reach the next member of the list, it is my responsibility to replace it.

3. I agree that should I fail to live up to my obligations in this passaround, I will be banned and my personal information will be published so that others will have "fair warning". This will be left up to the discretion of the moderators. Remember that participation in the passarounds is a priveledge and can be revoked at any time.

4. I affirm that I am over 18 years of age, and that the knife involved in the passaround is legal to possess and carry in my jurisdiction. By choosing to participate in paid passarounds, I agree that the money being sent is not in exchange for any good or service and I agree to release BladeForums.com, it's members, etc from any liability for the loss of the funds invested in the passaround if the knife is lost or destroyed.

When sending the knife, I will send by a method that requires signature confirmation and insure the package for an amount equal to or greater than the replacement cost of the knife. I acknowledge that this will be more expensive and bear the sole responsibility for these costs. I will carefully package the knife / item with all seams taped and the item secured wrapped within the package.

(USPS is considered to be the cheapest and fastest service for mailing a passaround knife, however UPS is faster on claim service).

I will make the best effort to pass along the knife in as good of condition as possible, if not better. If the blade is dull and I feel confident in your sharpening skills, I will put a fresh edge on the knife before I send it along. I will clean any grime or residue off the blade before passing it along.

In the event the knife is broken, fails, or is otherwised destroyed, I will immediately contact whoever is in charge of the passaround.

If the knife has failed due to defect, I will arrange to have the knife returned for warranty service.

If the knife failed due to abuse that is not covered by the warranty, it is my responsibility to replace the knife.

It is *my* responsiblity for getting the knife to the next person on the list.

By participating in the passaround, I agree to adhere to the above posted rules, and any violation of the rules will cause my membership at Bladeforums.com to be revoked. I also understand that if I am a Gold, Premium, Knifemaker, or Dealer member, and my membership is revoked, I will not be entitled to any refunds of said membership fees.

This list is an addendum to the user agreement found at http://www.bladeforums.com/copyright2.shtml

Back