The one Busse that you will never ever sell!!

Can't pick one...

Besides my HOG ASH-1, I would say it would be a toss up between these two:

SHSJ
DSC_0146.jpg

HOGFSH
DSC_0031-1.jpg

I got to see Ronybear's custom in person and heft it at Golden Manor in April.
It is really awesome and the most impressive Busse I have seen. :thumbup:
When I win Powerball, I'm gonna make Rony an offer he can't refuse, lol. :)

Sag.

No such knife. If it came down to it I would sell them all.

Last one to go? Leaner Meaner Satin Black Paper.

I could never sell my FBMLE #95 and my ASHLE #95, or my DABA (which is actually a knife I gave to my dad when he was sick and he still carries it. He wanted a knife he could give to me and I would pass down to my son).

All the ones I currently own save one. I won't name the one but all the others are going to probate.

I'll keep the HOGASH. I would never get rid of the FBMLE. And hopefully I'll feel the same way about the NMFBM.

They all hit the block if need be.

Prolly tougher to get my Wife to let Hers go.

There are several that I am more likely to give away than to sell.

We shall have to see.

The one I would never sell is the Custom Shop Snake Skin/Satin Active Duty that Jerry and Jennifer sent unsolicited to me. It was to replace the one I promised Kim that I would save for her to use when we went deer hunting again. She was lying in a vegetative state at the time.

I could never sell my FBMLE #95 and my ASHLE #95, or my DABA (which is actually a knife I gave to my dad when he was sick and he still carries it. He wanted a knife he could give to me and I would pass down to my son).

I am SO glad that your Dad is still carrying that knife and more importantly, still around to carry it.

The best I ever felt about selling a knife.:D:D

My keeper is my old AD, since it gets used pretty much on a daily basis. Mine is double cut, which you don't see much of. Plenty of satins, but not much DCBB.

Rob

They all hit the block if need be...There are several that I am more likely to give away than to sell.

I'm with you, Andre. :thumbup:

I don't sell Basics, but I do give one away from time to time, and I believe you've stated that's your practice, also. As much as they have appreciated, I doubt Basics will ever be worth enough monetary recompense to outweigh the joy of giving one to someone I care about--especially someone who will use and appreciate the knife.

As someone said in an earlier post, another way of looking at the question might be which Busse would be your last to give up, but I'd have to cross that bridge only as a last resort, and I don't know which knife would be hardest to let go at that point. Might well be a standard Basic 5, based purely upon utility.

Very interesting thread--and great pics! Thanks.

Last edited:
The Natural Outlaw(E) is my favorite Busse and even though I've bought and sold several over the years I've always kept this one as a safe queen:
BusseNO-E.jpg

Never sold one, hope I never have to.
The one most special to me would be my first Busse,
an Active Duty w/blk paper micarta and sterile satin blade.
The micarta is dry ATM and the blade is scratched, but it's my first nevertheless.
I have a couple rats I wouldn't voluntarily part with, as well ;)

I've run around this tree a lot... so sorry if this gets
long winded :eek: (or would that be long texted. :p)

I've settled on the fact that I CAN'T make this decision. :eek:
Heck... after 2 years, I've just come to figure out that I have 3 favorite breeds.
The ADs, SH-1s and BMs in no particular order. Still no luck on figuring out
which generation of each is my favorite... old and new, I like them all.
But I was able to rule out ergos pretty early on... they're just not my thing.

Oh wait, then there's the Kensei and the new SARsquatch... I love those too.
Chit... maybe I haven't figured it out. :eek:

Ok, OK... having spilled all of that out, my favorite right now...

03WASPSHBM1220.jpg

WASPSHBM1187.jpg

My favorite Busse changes from one moment to the next... probably why I
can't figure out "just one". But I'm thinkin' hard about which ones to let
go :foot: cuz Foo wan't a new Dodge Challenger!

arnell5.jpg

:D :D

Back