The One Knife

I went through a phase several months ago where I just had to have a PM2. That of course led to other "needs." A Domino (or two), a Buccaneer, a ZT0562, perhaps something else I'm forgetting. During the acquisition stage I picked up an unassuming Delica here that has been modified a hair, nothing crazy.
Ah, the Delica. So unobtrusive. So vanilla. So . . .
Usable.
I have no need for others.

Dear Delica, I'll never stray from you.
Others may catch my eye, but it is only to remind me that grass is hardly ever greener on the other side.
Sincerely yours,
Brawny

What is your "One Knife?"

The manix 2. Its the one folding knife that captures the essence of all my others. Thin enough blade to slice well like my endura or avispa. Thick enough blade to give me confidence like my 0566. Handle shape is good enough to give me grip like my zt 0562 or Emerson horseman.

The manix 2. Its the one folding knife that captures the essence of all my others. Thin enough blade to slice well like my endura or avispa. Thick enough blade to give me confidence like my 0566. Handle shape is good enough to give me grip like my zt 0562 or Emerson horseman.

I might need to grab a Manix.
Don't worry Delica, again, you'll always be The One.

delica for years....my first spyderco.

And a Camillus aus8 Heat I got as the original company was closing. used that one hard and is still probably my favorite know. I wish I had a few more.

I went through a phase several months ago where I just had to have a PM2. That of course led to other "needs." A Domino (or two), a Buccaneer, a ZT0562, perhaps something else I'm forgetting. During the acquisition stage I picked up an unassuming Delica here that has been modified a hair, nothing crazy.
Ah, the Delica. So unobtrusive. So vanilla. So . . .
Usable.
I have no need for others.

Dear Delica, I'll never stray from you.
Others may catch my eye, but it is only to remind me that grass is hardly ever greener on the other side.
Sincerely yours,
Brawny

What is your "One Knife?"
So you say now. We will see if you are singing the same tune in a year or 2:)
There are a lot of knife makers and styles out there to temp

After all these years I still have never had "the one" ... I have several folders I would and could do everything I need or want ...

And I own several fixed blades that can do everything I want or need ...

If I had to grab only one it would be a fixed blade over a folder and probably the CPK HDFK ... but I'd turn right around and grab at least half a dozen others too ...

I can't ever really even get into that mentality of there being "the one" for me ... guess I'm odd ...

Well, I haven't tried everything out there but my favorite folding knife is the ZT 0920. However, my #1 EDC and in my mind most practical and functional to carry is my Para 2. Currently it's a lightly customized S110V model.

If were talking fixed blade, no questions asked I absolutely love my Lionsteel M4 with G10 scales. Simple yet beautiful. Walnut woulda been nice too but I wanted something more moistute resistant since I do alot of hunting work with it.

Of course as my collection expands these opinions will likely evolve. I plan on trying my hand at my own blades in the near future so I dont really know how many other purchases I'll make outside of that.

I’ve been convinced that I had finally found “the one knife” many times over the last several years, but, the reality is that there is always eventually going to be a new or pre-existing product that matches my current cutting-tool needs better than what I currently have.

More in the spirit of the thread, though, my S35VN clip point Recon 1 is probably the knife that most embodies what I really want out of a knife -and- is the knife I have carried and used the most out of what I currently own. I like clip points, the grip is excellent, it carries well, it cuts well, it is easy to maintain the edge, and the mechanical aspects are 100% on point. It’s also a little threatening, which pleases my inner mall ninja tactical operator.

It’s not invulnerable to replacement, though. I don’t tend to form emotional attachments to products I buy unless they’re somehow significant to an interpersonal relationship.

Right now it's the TRM Neutron, I find myself sticking it in my pocket more often than not. Hopefully I'll get my Atom soon and it might knock out the Neutron, we'll have to see.

Spyderco Endura 4 plain edge with a saber grind. The ergo's are perfect. I can put a real nasty edge on that VG-10. It's slim and light weight. Proven back lock and design. Tough and durable within reason. Under $100 bucks. With the Endura there are lots of flavors to choose from. Almost four inches of razor sharp steel hanging off the front. One of the original tactical folding knives. Plus I carried an original first gen Endura during Desert Shield/Storm every day. It's my one and only.
Edit: For the record I do own, and use/carry other knives and brands, but that Endura 4 is my favorite.

Last edited:
Why limit yourself to one knife? I can't. I generally carry a traditional & a SAK daily although I rotate through about 10 traditionals (Jacks & Stockman) and several SAKs (Tinker, Small Tinker, Spartan, Tourist, Camper, Climber, Cadets and Pioneers) . I just can't limit to one or even 2!

Back