The Parliament Of The Olamic Owls Is Now In Session

Gambit is dead!
Ilya said new batch of Suna fixed blades are coming out in a week or two. He mentioned diacut pins...I don't know if these are pivots or what.

Rufus, would you share what the pattern /finish is on a few? Row 1 & 2, knives 2 & 3.

Did you discuss the design or buy them after completion/ secondhand?

Still EDC my 247 exclusively and would only change it up if I wanted a different steel. Between the fact that this knife is everything I want and need in a folder and the fact that the design options literally have to be in the millions as far as combinations go, I am shocked that the Wayfarer 247 isn't on most people's top 5 of all time. Truly undervalued knife.

This summer I asked about touching up the anodizing (they warned me entropic would wear fast on a daily user) but didn't want to completely redo it because obviously you can never get the same look twice.
They paid the shipping and re-anodized the spots they could get to without completely stripping it, and then gave me a brand new blade instead of resharpening which is even more awesome considering they know that I am fine resharpening it myself.

THE MOST undervalued /unappreciated company and design out there. Present company excluded of course.

Thanks in advance if you have the time to post the name of those finishes, I love them.
Just curious if you use them all or just couldn't resist a deal on some of them.

Such a beautiful knifes, does anyone knows what is my best option to purchase one of this knifes in Canada? Thanks in advance

Rufus, would you share what the pattern /finish is on a few? Row 1 & 2, knives 2 & 3.

Did you discuss the design or buy them after completion/ secondhand?

Still EDC my 247 exclusively and would only change it up if I wanted a different steel. Between the fact that this knife is everything I want and need in a folder and the fact that the design options literally have to be in the millions as far as combinations go, I am shocked that the Wayfarer 247 isn't on most people's top 5 of all time. Truly undervalued knife.

This summer I asked about touching up the anodizing (they warned me entropic would wear fast on a daily user) but didn't want to completely redo it because obviously you can never get the same look twice.
They paid the shipping and re-anodized the spots they could get to without completely stripping it, and then gave me a brand new blade instead of resharpening which is even more awesome considering they know that I am fine resharpening it myself.

THE MOST undervalued /unappreciated company and design out there. Present company excluded of course.

Thanks in advance if you have the time to post the name of those finishes, I love them.
Just curious if you use them all or just couldn't resist a deal on some of them.
I agree with your insight about the 247's value and under appreciation. Their weight is my only concern.
I carry and use about 70% of them so far. Two were free...for every 10 Ilya designs and gives you one of his choice. Two were pre-designed and the rest I put together.
I am glad to hear about your great customer service.
Lastly, I sold 2 and gave one away.

Last edited:
Such a beautiful knifes, does anyone knows what is my best option to purchase one of this knifes in Canada? Thanks in advance
Rules will not allow me to name a place in Finland because they are not sponsors and cannot PM you because of your membership level.
I am not familiar with your laws. Is it illegal for you to go directly to Olamic?

Last edited:
I thought for sure that you would already know...
I am almost ready to order
another Wayfarer Compact...
No news on my end. That means I need to text Ilya.
If I get another Olamic it may be a compact. The Classic was way too big for me. I also like shopping for my own burl wood for the next knife.

Back