The Parliament Of The Olamic Owls Is Now In Session

When is the Vegas Show?
I just sent Llya a pic of a Wayfarer Compact that I'd like him to build for me...

Sexy...thats a great combo of materials and blade. Oh my mistake, the show, USN is this weekend.
USN stands for Unusual Suspect Network if you have a need to look it up...no joke intended.

Last edited:
I don't know if it has ever been pointed out here, but premade knifes can be changed. I know Ilya will change blades and/or finish for buyer. Scales can also be altered.
I guess this helps people who are overwhelmed with choices or cannot visualize a finished product.

Sexy...thats a great combo of materials and blade. Oh my mistake, the show, USN is this weekend.
USN stands for Unusual Suspect Network if you have a need to look it up...no joke intended.

Yeah, got a notice of it from somewhere previously. Great exhibitor list. See: https://www.usngathering.com/PartialExhibitorList.aspx

Las Vegas is not one of my favorite places but still would have been interested in visiting the show. However, it's my grand daughter's 4th bday this weekend and already planned to see see her then.

Besides, assuming there aren't any more flash floods, it's going to be REALLY HOT there this weekend. 109F predicted for Fri/Sat and 112-113F predicted for Sun/Mon. Travel there at your own risk! 🥵

BTW, it's not going to be much cooler where I live; 101/104F for Fri/Sat and 105/111F for Sun/Mon. WTF???

PS: Didn't see Olamic on the exhibitor's list for the Blade Show in SLC in Oct.

Was thinking about going there but its a pretty small show w/only a limited # of exhibitors and I don't think it's worth the gas/hotel & other costs to do so.

Last edited:
Yeah, got a notice of it from somewhere previously. Great exhibitor list. See: https://www.usngathering.com/PartialExhibitorList.aspx

Las Vegas is not one of my favorite places but still would have been interested in visiting the show. However, it's my grand daughter's 4th bday this weekend and already planned to see see her then.

Besides, assuming there aren't any more flash floods, it's going to be REALLY HOT there this weekend. 109F predicted for Fri/Sat and 112-113F predicted for Sun/Mon. Travel there at your own risk! 🥵

BTW, it's not going to be much cooler where I live; 101/104F for Fri/Sat and 105/111F for Sun/Mon. WTF???

PS: Didn't see Olamic on the exhibitor's list for the Blade Show in SLC in Oct.

Was thinking about going there but its a pretty small show w/only a limited # of exhibitors and I don't think it's worth the gas/hotel & other costs to do so.
Family should always take precedence...and I thought the east coast was hot!

Are we; or are we not: all "Knifemaniacs"?

Last edited:
Good week so far as a new Busker and a Wayfarer 247 from the exchange both arrived. Also received the Appetizer back from a SPA treatment and some fine tuning.

I'm told I need a Whippersnapper. Some people are a bad influence, right Rufus1949 Rufus1949 ? ;)

IMG_1932.jpg
IMG_1933.jpg

They DO require a bit of care and practice: don't they?
I wonder why he won't cut a nail nick in them?
Do you think it's to weed out the unworthy??

They DO require a bit of care and practice: don't they?
I wonder why he won't cut a nail nick in them?
Do you think it's to weed out the unworthy??
He once told me he is a purist and very set in his blade designs.
Meant to ask how is yours? It is a bit larger than my hunter.

Back