The REK daily discussion thread :)

And some more DLC! Satin to be specific.

i-7wCnTSk-L.jpg
i-nkgFT5R-L.jpg
i-p6WnSPB-L.jpg

Those are Carothers fighters correct?;) One looks like it has a sharpened tip, hand rubbed to 220, you have to stay pretty sharp not to shred your fingers.:confused:
Both edges were sharpened on both knives... Yeah, it took me a little bit to figure it out and I came quite close to serious damage but ended up being good! Lol

i-M9grWXB-X3.jpg

Outstanding work as ALWAYS Josh on the CPK Double Edged Fighters:thumbsup: Thanks soooooo much

Tom

You're welcome Tom! They are heading out today!

My pick would be exactly what you have mocked up above. :thumbsup:

The saber spine makes it a cinch to fasten into Wicked Edge. But it will bind a bit more slicing corrugated cardboard and other semi-rigid or binding media, like cheese, as Roy alluded to.

But for cloth, paper, canvas, other flexible thin stuff-- I haven't found a huge difference in flat vs. saber...ymmv.

Splitting out kindling and such-- advantage saber.

It's a "horses for courses" end line uses type question.

Cut well? Hollow.
Slice well? Full flat.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm grinding these THIN bte, like .005" or so at 12-13 dps. So I'm sure they will have high cutting ability either way. But it would be interesting to do two in different grinds and compare!

My pick would be exactly what you have mocked up above. :thumbsup:

The saber spine makes it a cinch to fasten into Wicked Edge. But it will bind a bit more slicing corrugated cardboard and other semi-rigid or binding media, like cheese, as Roy alluded to.

But for cloth, paper, canvas, other flexible thin stuff-- I haven't found a huge difference in flat vs. saber...ymmv.

Splitting out kindling and such-- advantage saber.

It's a "horses for courses" end line uses type question.

I think I'm gonna take up your suggestion and go w/ a high flat saber grind, thin BTE. I'm planning on retaining one for testing purposes and can check how well it does on cardboard and such. This one isn't designed for any splitting of kindling, it's supposed to be small and high performance! :)

In this size of blade my vote is full flat, hopefully on the thinner side.;):) Josh, what’s the length of the blade and are they all spoken for?:(:)

Not all spoken for, I will list on website and send out email to those on my list when ready. This batch is just an initial batch to see how well they sell and how popular they are - if I should make more. If all goes well I will do another batch of 50 in the near future and am considering vanax or vancron (or both). Selling point on these will be $225 w/ sheath. Blade length is 2.5" and OAL is about 6 1/8". :D

Back