The REK daily discussion thread :)

This is gonna be a fun mod... :confused::D

i-5633VDD-X2.jpg

i-tMNVNP4-X2.jpg

Working on an m390 reblade today for a pm2 that I'm gonna do an auction on!

*round hole licensed by Spyderco
i-sLDLfZ2-X3.jpg

i-vM8bHCW-X3.jpg

Lock up done and time to drill detent! Then grind work :)
i-mkWpKnj-X3.jpg

And it's done! Crowned the spine too :)

i-HvzZFtK-X2.jpg

i-Bh8fcKq-X2.jpg

Alrighty!! Here we go. First up I drilled out the corby bolt and removed it

i-4rRNzVL-X2.jpg

A little heat and was able to pop the scales right off

i-9sVRfbz-X2.jpg

i-PMKvz5m-X2.jpg

Next up I drilled holes in the Coconut fiber scales, mounted, and rough ground. Big thing here was getting the chamfers on the blade side correct PRIOR to glue up (not much can be done after!)

i-PFppKKk-X2.jpg

Then went ahead and crowned the spine

i-VgnvNS9-X2.jpg

And it's ready for glue up!! Coleman wanted to go with a bronze theme and we picked a nice mosaic pin to go w/ the lanyard tube.

i-C4hr4vD-X2.jpg

Then after the epoxy was dried (next day) I did the final sanding to 400-600 grit for comfy matte finish

i-Tdt3g9v-X2.jpg

i-7wz7xXr-X2.jpg

i-bVk3tx3-X2.jpg
i-2D44rW5-X2.jpg
i-wf9nhCX-X2.jpg

Josh! This turned out amazingly! Looks just perfect in the photos, looking forward to having it in my hands!! Fingers crossed for friday delivery!! :) Thank you again, your work is absolutely outstanding.

Stellar work Josh! You really do take every knife you touch to a whole new level :)
Josh! This turned out amazingly! Looks just perfect in the photos, looking forward to having it in my hands!! Fingers crossed for friday delivery!! :) Thank you again, your work is absolutely outstanding.
Congrats on that beauty!! I have never in my life seen coconut fiber micarta until now, and WOW! Looks amazing. Great choice

Stellar work Josh! You really do take every knife you touch to a whole new level :)

Congrats on that beauty!! I have never in my life seen coconut fiber micarta until now, and WOW! Looks amazing. Great choice

Thanks, Fullflat. I’m pretty excited. Should be arriving to me today. :D
The coconut fibre is really something else, and Josh’s finish is excellent. This is my second knife he has rescaled in coconut fibre. First was a Burger EXK...which is also amazing. Best kept secret for a while now. ;)
What amazes me the most about Josh’s rescales, is the sculpting he does, its always what I asked for and envisioned, and it is always Bang On!
Is it wrong to be this excited for mail today? ;) lol.

Thanks Seth!

Thanks, Fullflat. I’m pretty excited. Should be arriving to me today. :D
The coconut fibre is really something else, and Josh’s finish is excellent. This is my second knife he has rescaled in coconut fibre. First was a Burger EXK...which is also amazing. Best kept secret for a while now. ;)
What amazes me the most about Josh’s rescales, is the sculpting he does, its always what I asked for and envisioned, and it is always Bang On!
Is it wrong to be this excited for mail today? ;) lol.

Yeah man that coconut fiber is amazing stuff! And the pins you choose really set it off!

Man... It's probably like Christmas for you lol

Cleaned up this slippie in last sharpening batch, was pretty rough! someone had taken a grinder to it and the edge was super uneven. Forgot to get a pic of it in that stage - this pic is what it looks like after I flattened the edge and restored the shape!

i-gJKqfMJ-X3.jpg

i-Bdpq4FN-X3.jpg

Back