The return to SNARKdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that Ka-Bar will have them as a firesale type item at Blade. I still love my BK11. I've resisted the BK14 design this long. I should be OK a little while longer.

That's a definite possibility. Now I wish I could go! Lol. I plan on gifting a 24 or 2 as well. Would be nice to get some on the cheap.

Well, that was fun. Nice little white knuckle drive through Pinkham Notch (past Mt. Washington) in a surprise snowstorm. Trees are budding, what little snow we had thus winter was melted....I don't remember EVER having snow this late in the spring - even when I lived in the Winter Capital of Rochester, NY. It's quite weird. Gonna try and get some more pics on the long slog home.

It's funny. A few of my buddies not on the forums are already wanting to start a shopping list for me for items to smuggle back to them.

If I knew someone personally that was going, I'd be asking them to score me some deals too. But then I'm a knife guy.

Well, that was fun. Nice little white knuckle drive through Pinkham Notch (past Mt. Washington) in a surprise snowstorm. Trees are budding, what little snow we had thus winter was melted....I don't remember EVER having snow this late in the spring - even when I lived in the Winter Capital of Rochester, NY. It's quite weird. Gonna try and get some more pics on the long slog home.

We got a bit of snow this morning too, but it melted as soon as it hit the ground. Glad you made it safely.

I don't have a spare 24 [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are still available here and there. I found quite a few online this morning.

This was the clearest the road was during the whole 26+ mile drive from Bartlett to Gorham. Could only go about 35-40 mph even tho the speed limit is 50-55 for most of it. The ASR (slip reduction) light kept going off....which is freaky when you're driving through the mountains where you definitely do NOT want to spontaneously exit the travelled way. Saw two cars off the road and one set of tire tracks that looked like the driver probably shit his pants before bringing his vehicle under control.

26600281071_455654ab60_b.jpg

I've driven a LOT in the snow and today was...a little on the treacherous side. Most of the trip was in 1-2" of unplowed, wet snow that was freezing on the road. Not as bad as black ice, but a close second. Stopped to take a pic and stretch a bit at Lake Chocorua. The mountain is in the pic, you just can't see it due to pretty low visibility. Don't think I've ever seen snow so late in the spring. It was beautiful, but.....it really shouldn't be snowing when the trees are all budding and flowering.

26059126344_ec1eb3b56f_b.jpg

Helloooooooooo!?!?!? Anyone do anything either exciting or boring today?

I slept. Had a bird dive bomb the truck and turn into an explosion of feathers on my grill.

I had a dentists appointment, that was about it

oh, and I bought calf fry tickets for this weekend. for those of you that kniw, calf fry is a giant red dirt music festive that's held in my home town. it go its name from its staple food

Helloooooooooo!?!?!? Anyone do anything either exciting or boring today?

I slept. Had a bird dive bomb the truck and turn into an explosion of feathers on my grill.

I went to a funeral. A Marine buddies dad died he was a WW2 Pacific theater medic not many of them left.....Sad but I took the boys and told them about heroes.

Better you than me GSOM! Lol. I'll drive in darn near anything, but icy/slippery roads bug the hell out of me. Usually because I'm driving a 60 something foot long truck and don't ever want to experience a jacknife.

Dentists suck.

I went to a funeral. A Marine buddies dad died he was a WW2 Pacific theater medic not many of them left.....Sad but I took the boys and told them about heroes.

Sorry to hear that. Sadly it won't be too much longer and we won't have any WW2 vets left.

That's crazy gsom.

When I was in high school we had a Vietnam vet come into our classes and tell us about his experience there. He had put a book together that was a compilation of a bunch of stories from a bunch of Vietnam vets. It was very interesting, but the book got wrecked before I could finish it. I should figure out what it was called and get another copy.

Last edited:
26668149665_a30ec4eae7_c.jpg

Kayaks will be neglected. 40Lb thrust is plenty and has the boat moving nicely. No more paddling. Way more room. I can stand up easily. Shallow water? No problem, raise the troller and glide through less than a foot deep. Great for reaching those spots that normally Only kayaks make it to. Very happy with this bad boy.

Earth's cry, Heaven's smile; God's speed sir.

When I was in high school we had a Vietnam vet come into our classes and tell us about his experience there. He had put a book together that was a compilation of a bunch of stories from a bunch of Vietnam vets. It was very interesting, but the book got wrecked before I could finish it. I should figure out what it was called and get another copy.
Share the title if and when you find it! :thumbup:

26668149665_a30ec4eae7_c.jpg

Kayaks will be neglected. 40Lb thrust is plenty and has the boat moving nicely. No more paddling. Way more room. I can stand up easily. Shallow water? No problem, raise the troller and glide through less than a foot deep. Great for reaching those spots that normally Only kayaks make it to. Very happy with this bad boy.

WW, that photo is awezome, like something out of a dream! :D

Looks like fun WW. Been catching anything?

I caught 4 today. But they were all small and went back into the water. I was using live night crawlers. Curt did better, caught 7 or 8, 5 or so were nice but we threw them back too.. He was using a beetle spin.

I didn't catch crap with the beetle spin LOL

My excuse, i was busy playing with, AKA driving, the boat... But really he just had a better day.

Seen some big gar today, next time we are bringing the bow fishing setups and and seeing how that works out!

A great time for sure. We stayed till dark and still didn't want to leave.

WW, that photo is awezome, like something out of a dream! :D

Thanks bud, i love this creek. Fished here since i was a kid and have pulled in some awesome fish throughout the years. Some days are much better than others but it's not often i don't catch anything at all here. But even on them days the scenery and sounds make for a great time!

Just leave the gators alone and they leave you alone LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back