The Strange Tyranny of the Green Box

Even the computer machine had qualms about Yvsa aquiring too much raw power.

10 waterings..wow. Will someone please put a little GotDurned Water on that pathetic cactus Rusty is growing??!!

munk

45/70
as I said, I haven't paid much attention to this until Yvsa said something yesterday. I coulda sworn I had 3 plants at one time; but with my failed mining venture, and the botched Presidential campaign, I'm afraid I lost the confidence of the people.

Like most in Life, I've rarely been last, and never been first. The ground looks the same to me everytime I walk on it, too.

munk

Yay....Green!

It's the new brown....

:D :p

Rusty...I don't know if they sell them or not, but at the Dayton Airport they have the little 2 chicklet boxes at the business center in a bowl! Would you like me to grab a bunch for you when I go there in the morning?

I remember green chiclets and white chiclets. Did they make other colors too?

They were quite a treat when I was young. Typically, I would start with one or two at a time, but if it was my own box, (and no one was looking)I would keep adding more as the flavor started to wear off the ones already in my mouth.

The box doesn't last too long that way!

Tom

here are some links-

http://www.cadburyadams.com/brands/chewing_gum/chiclets.html

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/chiclets.htm

http://www.bolt.com/sponsorships/chiclets/index.php

be careful!
red chiclets are called LSD.
blue chiclets are called crystal meth
if the chiclets come in a little baggie, they're called "crack"

(come on! that was worth a chiclet. Mel Brooks coulnt have done any better)

Yes Tom...some of the free boxes are green, some are white. The boxes aren't marked though...I suppose it's to stop us from only picking one color?

Yesterday I didn't know what the heck the Green Boxes of Mystery were. Today, I'm a rep point whore. Consider the evil this thread has unleashed upon the forum.

Thanks a lot, Munk. You got a chiclet before I ran out. By God, chiclets are cheap out here on the Brazos.

Satori said:
Yesterday I didn't know what the heck the Green Boxes of Mystery were. Today, I'm a rep point whore. Consider the evil this thread has unleashed upon the forum.

Thanks a lot, Munk. You got a chiclet before I ran out. By God, chiclets are cheap out here on the Brazos.
Satori you now have a double chicklet just for bumping Munk up.:D

I'm out, or I'd give him one just for finding a way to put cheap life and chiclets out on the Brazos again.

munk

I must remind myself that this is the time of night when Absent Brain Syndrome strikes from out of nowhere.

Uh - Where did my mind run off to?

Oh, it's sooo cute; look at that, Rusty's little cactus found a buddy.

munk

Hey - they still make Clorets and Dentyne. The fruit flavored chiclets are new to me, though.

I'm going to have to stop and look at the candy stand at the supermarket, and also see if they still make the old Royal Sour fruits. I think the liquor store carried them, but I only stopped there to get ice, and it's now January 31st. And look for Blackjack(?) and Clove gum.

What a miserable day here an the forum yesterday/today. But then I did learn that some simple pleasure are still around. So when I go looking tomorrow I can bring some home to share the oldtime treats with my wife.

south of the border they have chiclets in many flavors/colors....

Observations on green plants:

there are some people, like Yvsa and Uncle Bill, nearly everyone agrees about and likes
there are some people, a considerable amount of people agree with and like
there are people, quietly and with class, going about their business, their posts timely and honest, without whom none of the others could exist.
There are a few people, relatively few people agree with and like, but we need, whether we know it or not.
And there are other factors; like MacDonald's sold upteen billions burgers, but how many people would claim they were the 'best'?

Madonna sold a lot of records- that makes her better than the Beatles, right?

These Green Plants are interesting. If I recall, many of John Steinbeck's neighbors disliked him intensely. How many green plants would Steinbeck gather here?

I think whoever thought of the green plants had a bit of devil in them.

munk

Back