The Sunday Picture Show... (7-28-2019) . . . (OLD Show Look at the DATE...)

I guess the fire was at a plastics recycling plant near a large mill just off the Columbia River. No one hurt or anything but boy did it put out the black smoke. Too many fires in this area since I have lived here including
a barn that borders my property which a young boy died in.

I wish those buck boys would never have discovered engraving pens...

No offense to your knife Farm.
Just like people that play sports get signatures it’s the same but not to get it done on all the knives I have another one with knife maker signatures and that’s about it not adding any more

I guess the fire was at a plastics recycling plant near a large mill just off the Columbia River. No one hurt or anything but boy did it put out the black smoke. Too many fires in this area since I have lived here including
a barn that borders my property which a young boy died in.
glad no one was killed or hurt.....

Chilebrown..Thank you for letting us know about Altamont! 10,000,000 is a lot of handles and the series of 110's is very well done. I especially like the checkering and except for the Master series has Buck used it for other models?

farm...absolutely fat lol! Around 2009 or so I had a Ebony 112 that was almost as thick. I didn't think much of it at the time but now know it was truly a rare and odd 112. Is it a factory Stag? If so it must have been a special order or a employees knife to be that thick and more importantly uniformly thick..

That doesn't look like a factory handle to me its missing a rivet and they looked struck with a hammer and the finger grooves are off.
I can show you two custom buck factory finger grooves that are totally different form each other that I own and bought myself.and shipped from buck to me. dont know 'bout the rest, but I know finger grooves can be very different from the buck factory.

I can show you two custom buck factory finger grooves that are totally different form each other that I own and bought myself.and shipped from buck to me. dont know 'bout the rest, but I know finger grooves can be very different from the buck factory.
Oh I agree, I also have some 110's that aren't even close to each other. Buck does set the finger grooves after the knife is built and can vary depending on who did them since they are still hand done. I just think if you look at the rear bolster in the first picture you can see some marks in the pinkie well and it would take quite a bit to match the handle to the finger grooves after the fact.

To all I think it’s custom
But I will check with the seller and let you all know it’s a very interesting discussion
thanks Farm, looking forward to more info. regardless it's a great knife you have Sir.

A41FF293-10A9-41EB-AE25-CCF116D0C732.jpeg A42963F6-0C0E-4B30-B73A-DBD684D1E5EA.jpeg
farm...absolutely fat lol! Around 2009 or so I had a Ebony 112 that was almost as thick. I didn't think much of it at the time but now know it was truly a rare and odd 112. Is it a factory Stag? If so it must have been a special order or a employees knife to be that thick and more importantly uniformly thick..
Will the below 2 pictures help to know if it’s buck factory or custom

Sanding marks where some one ground the finger grooves in the one picture. Could of been Buck or buck employee but the underside never got polished.

View attachment 1171796
Yes, Makael, it looks like a professional manufacturing. But also as an unfinished trial. May be it was rescued from rubbish bucket at the buck custom shop. The stag is top quality sambar.

Haebbie

Back