The Sunday Picture Show (April 18, 2021)

Is this the same? 154CM blade and emerald green bone with Nickel Bolsters....

Nice knife Mike. Seems we had a discussion about your's a few years ago. I always wondered if it was a possible build out of the nickel silver green bone frames done for Ozark Cutlery but yours is different with the 154CM blade and is not serialized. I teased chilebrown with the "Remington Green" quip but I think it was actually called French Green. Your handle is bone, chilebrown's is fibron.

Reactions: TAH
TAH TAH @Haebbie
TAH caught a photo of the very rare and elusive wire footed Hoodwink. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
A bird so rare that most have never seen a live one, only only those examples stuffed and preserved.
Ornithologists tell us they prefer to nest in ebony wood trees which probably explains the glass eyed look of confusion.
That's all I got..:):) Another spectacular image for the SPS.
HoodWink.jpg

Last edited:
TAH TAH @Haebbie
TAH caught a photo of the very rare and elusive wire footed Hoodwink. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
A bird so rare that most have never seen a live one, only only those examples stuffed and preserved.
Ornithologists tell us they prefer to nest in ebony wood trees which probably explains the glass eyed look of confusion.
That's all I got..:):) Another spectacular image for the SPS.
View attachment 1548893

Roger, I didn't know Hoodwinks nested in ebony trees. That probably explains why it felt at home on the handle of my 110. :D Don't let their glass-eyed look of confusion and cute little grin fool you. These Hoodwinks are a lot meaner than they appear. As soon as I snapped the photo, this one immediately attacked me using MY KNIFE!! :mad: It all happened so fast. o_O

Thanks everyone for a good show. Aryan29 was first to the line again and TAH finished us out with a report of his unfortunate encounter with a Hoodwink. Everyone here at SPS wishes TAH a speedy recovery in time for next weeks show. Hope to see you all again next week but feel free to continue to post and comment here until then. /Roger

Last edited:
Lo and behold the charcoal 301 did show up a day early. Will wonders never cease? Good omen for the week ;)
Its in good shape. Gave it a quick cleaning for the photo shoot. One thing that surprised me is the shape of the handles mimics the valox handles and not the rosewood handles. The rosewood are rounded a little bit whereas the charcoal and valox are more flat sided. Hard to tell in the pics, but definitely noticeable in hand.
301 Charcoal 1.JPG 301 Charcoal 2.JPG

I find it interesting that the pin configuration is different on all three with the rosewood hiding the center pin, the valox showing only a center pin, and the charcoal showing all three. Also noticed that the shields on the two wood models are slightly different with "Buck" on the charcoal using a thicker script (font?).

301 Charcoal 3.JPG

Thank you for the kind words.
Frankly, for next Sunday and many more to come I wouldn’t mind to post second, third and so on...all in our SPS team spirit. Actually, I am very happy just to be a part of the SPS that you bring every Sunday...:thumbsup:
Aryan

Thanks everyone for a good show. Aryan29 was first to the line again and TAH finished us out with a report of his unfortunate encounter with a Hoodwink. Everyone here at SPS wishes you a speedy recovery in time for next weeks show. Hope to see you all again next week but feel free to continue to post and comment here until then. /Roger

I find it interesting that the pin configuration is different on all three with the rosewood hiding the center pin, the valox showing only a center pin, and the charcoal showing all three.

The charcoal scaled knives came in both configurations. The scale pinned versions were earlier as I recall. I'm heading out the door, I'll try some pics late tonight. /Roger

Spoiler alert... next week will be "pairs"...by any definition. Matching, twinsets, combo sets, fixed & folding, etc.
Everyone has at least 2 knives so everyone plays next week.
Just remember, all postings are welcome, not just the "follow the lead" posts.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words.
Frankly, for next Sunday and many more to come I wouldn’t mind to post second, third and so on...all in our SPS team spirit. Actually, I am very happy just to be a part of the SPS that you bring every Sunday...:thumbsup:
Aryan
I like ya first. tradition now, least to me. if I see no Aryan first, then something feels off.:)

Coming in with a late entry, which is not related to the current theme, but I told GPyro GPyro I would post more photos (late photos :rolleyes:).
3Cv0CNx.jpg

Bq0zQr8.jpg

ZAPBsGp.jpg

4rTBj9u.jpg

I find it interesting that the pin configuration is different on all three with the rosewood hiding the center pin, the valox showing only a center pin, and the charcoal showing all three. Also noticed that the shields on the two wood models are slightly different with "Buck" on the charcoal using a thicker script (font?).

There were Delrin 303s with pins.

Bert

1 303 Schrade 1st 1.jpg

C Chilebrown
Nice "Remington Green" Damascus 110.
The Stags were the most common, about 13,000 as I recall.
There were other handles like yours which were much rarer.
Now I'm gonna have to go find my notes.

Hello DeSotoSky, This color is actually Blue. It is the reaction of the blue dye to laminated birch wood that ends up being green. At the time these handles were trademarked "Fibron". This information can be found in the archived newsletter of March 2012 on the BCCI website. Joe Houser mentions this knife and has the listed amount of 489 made.

I was teasing about the "Remington Green" in reference to my opening knife.
I have heard "French Green" used.
Full disclosure...I'm color blind to some degree.

Back