The Survive! Knife Alternatives Thread. All suggestions WELCOME!

What is the secret to getting a Carothers? I've had no luck. I've emailed them and tried to pre-order, can't do that either. It seems you need a super computer and have be waiting the second they post anything on here to get one. I'd love to give them my money, but it seems like a lost cause. At totally get why everyone hates Survive, but my odds seem better of getting a knife from them. It might take 6-10 years, but there's a chance. I own fixed blades from Esee, Buck, Becker, Bark river, Benchmade, Tops, Fallkniven, Winkler and they're not anywhere close to what you get from Survive. Aaron Gough makes a nice knife too, but again you can't get one.

It seems like being a high end knife maker would be a good business to be in, more demand than supply.

Man, I hate to be the "Killjoy" and break it to you, but...

"High-Speed" internet is your ONLY chance. 1686097996612.png 1686098010031.png

There's also quite a few being put up for sale in the Exchange.

Affirmative. You're absolutely correct about the alternative.

Yes, he could take his chances on the Exchange.

*Even then, you gotta' be pretty quick, in my very humble opinion. 1686099005171.png

You remember that one time you didn't sell me a Winkler "Huntsman"?... View attachment 2210215
iu

What is the secret to getting a Carothers? I've had no luck. I've emailed them and tried to pre-order, can't do that either. It seems you need a super computer and have be waiting the second they post anything on here to get one. I'd love to give them my money, but it seems like a lost cause. At totally get why everyone hates Survive, but my odds seem better of getting a knife from them. It might take 6-10 years, but there's a chance. I own fixed blades from Esee, Buck, Becker, Bark river, Benchmade, Tops, Fallkniven, Winkler and they're not anywhere close to what you get from Survive. Aaron Gough makes a nice knife too, but again you can't get one.

It seems like being a high end knife maker would be a good business to be in, more demand than supply.
Aside from the Friday sales, they occasionally have stock for sale through the web site. In addition, many of the CPK guys will help out with computer Friday’s if you participate in the sub forum and ask. There are a number of guys who will sell a knife (not scalpers) depending what you are looking for. There are some really great people on there and the knives are pretty phenomenal.

View attachment 2210222

These can be a little challenging to get ahold of.. I’d highly recommend a Gossman for a Survive alternative ( probably easier to get one of these that it would be to get a Survive from Guy ).

A "little"? 1686101869420.png

Man, most folks have a better chance at having lunch at Chipotle, with Jesus, than scoring a Gossman... 1686101897018.png

20230313_003135 (BF).jpg

Gives "real time, alternative, accessible" a different meaning as it contrasts to S!K. Who knew this thread would turn into a list of knives you have to battle electrons and nanoseconds to obtain.

A plug for Blade Forums, which has some regular and reputable makers, some of whom have branched out beyond the forum. However, all make, and then sell said made knives...but, some take orders and some do not, most making limited quatities at one time, so availability is ever variable and quite dependent on the respective maker.
Fiddleback Forge and and graduates of Andy's apprentice program that I've used and am familiar with(active makers include Warlander Enterprises, Cohutta, Osprey Knife & Tool, Alfa-Knife, W.A. Surls, Jerrett Flemming) all make great, functional users.

Also makers I have experience with here on BF:
Bill Siegle
David Mary Custom
Edge Knife Works
Stuart Davenport
Daado
J.Hoffman
Erickson Custom Knives

Also:
LT Wright
Battle Horse

Fiddleback Monarch:
iQiA28Cl.jpg

Bushrapter and Shank:
V3Axiobl.jpg

Spyderco Native/Fiddleback Shank/Alfa-Knife Battle Buddy
FdlncdRl.jpg

Erickson Custom EDC/J. Hoffman/Alfa-Knife bird & trout/Edge Knife works Huntsman
EyKFJb9l.jpg

David Mary custom boreax chopper/Bill Siegle parang
U9xpKfRl.jpg

& more Bill and David:
wKvNv3Kl.jpg

More Bill Siegle:
w9ZsMw2l.jpg

Fiddleback Hunter:
v3J16DCl.jpg

Top to bottome: Fiddleback Bushrapter/David Mary boreax chopper/Alfa-Knife Young Patriot:
m8a1iYgh.jpg

...enough for now - Bill Siegle re-curve camp knife/Fiddleback Bushboot/David Mary Prevail XL
LoUEVorh.jpg

I placed a pre-order for my DEK1, and I got my UF2 and SDFK on Friday sales. For the Friday sales, I just refreshed the page on the time the models dropped and placed a comment, so nothing really to it. I didn't have any issues getting any of the models I wanted, but of course YMMV.

Back