The Survive! Never Say Die! Chat Thread

Thanks! It's for my 3.5. I'm collecting green handles for all of them + a dressier color for some of them for those special days. ;)

Currently Silver Needle my friend, I have a monkey-like level of patience..

With those lightning fast monkey reflexes, it puts you in a perfect position to strike anytime availability is announced in the newsletters. ;)
There should be a whole lot of Survive! goodness coming up soon! :thumbup:

Can't wait for those days!! :)

Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. And if you're going to be on the road, safe travels.

With those lightning fast monkey reflexes, it puts you in a perfect position to strike anytime availability is announced in the newsletters. ;)

Haha! Yes I've signed up for the newsletter and look forward to getting information re. availability soon. I think the hardest part is going to be NOT spending every single dollar I have! But I guess that's why I have two of certain organs. Speaking of which, anyone wanna buy a heavily used Kidney?

Can't wait for those days!! :)

Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. And if you're going to be on the road, safe travels.

Yes, a very happy Memorial Day to all, including our beloved aussies. I hope we all keep the true meaning in mind while enjoying some extra time to do as we please.

Who has instagram pictures that made it on the S! website? I don't use instagram, but I like seeing the pictures that show up. I wish I could scroll through the old ones.

Anyways, my recurring random thought is that micahtbyrd is awesome! The filters he uses and the way he displays his stuff really makes edc look sexy. So, there you have my random thought.

Man I've come so close to pulling the trigger on one of those GSO 5 seconds. Price is right and had one in the cart twice. But then the two month wait would be killing me 'cause I'm looking at it to take the edge off while waiting for the new runs. This is getting out of control, I might have to hit the exchange to get my fix NOW, LOL.

Hard knocks i believe there is a 5.0 in the individuals section of the exchange.

The knife looks good. I'm completely out of money at the moment for knives, but I can still see the dilemma in my mind. Either pay a great price for a factory second and face the wait or pay over full price for a used knife. The exchange isn't too bad , but that big auction website just makes me lol when I see the prices they're asking.

Man I've come so close to pulling the trigger on one of those GSO 5 seconds. Price is right and had one in the cart twice. But then the two month wait would be killing me 'cause I'm looking at it to take the edge off while waiting for the new runs. This is getting out of control, I might have to hit the exchange to get my fix NOW, LOL.

Tell me about it! I ordered a 5 and it's my first survive. Can't wait to get that shipping notice. :D

Hard knocks i believe there is a 5.0 in the individuals section of the exchange.

Thanks Texas! I did see that one, and might have sprung for it but for the orange handles. I appreciate the heads-up though. There's been a few 5.1s and 3.5s recently, not too many fives.

LoneWolf01 said:
Tell me about it! I ordered a 5 and it's my first survive. Can't wait to get that shipping notice.

Congrats man, that's a great choice for your first I'd say!

Hey RiverRunner, I didn't want to clutter up the sign-up thread too much so didn't ask there, but if you read this, what is that shotgun, man??!! It looks ready for business.

Hey RiverRunner, I didn't want to clutter up the sign-up thread too much so didn't ask there, but if you read this, what is that shotgun, man??!! It looks ready for business.

Thanks for the compliment! She was a fun build.
Here's the details…

Remington Wingmaster 870
Magpul SGA Stock ….FDE
Hogue overmold forend ..Ghillie tan
Mesa 4 round side saddle
Trijicon Big dot tritium bead
S&J no jam follower
Happy face end cap
12.5" barrel
forward sling plate… Wilson Combat (also acts as a safety feature by helping to keep hands from sliding forward of the short barrel)
Paint… Aervo spray bombs in flat camo colours…. holds up well enough.. re-apply as needed

I pulled the trigger one month ago.
..halfway there, and time flies!

Thanks for the compliment! She was a fun build.

Thanks for the reply RR. It looks like a really well thought out build :thumbup: Aesthetically looks great too. I did a homemade camo job on my 870 express awhile back that I use for a stand calling gun, came out better than I'd hoped for rattle-canning it. Not on par with your build though.

The knife looks good. I'm completely out of money at the moment for knives, but I can still see the dilemma in my mind. Either pay a great price for a factory second and face the wait or pay over full price for a used knife.

Exactly Silver. I guess I should be disciplined and just face the wait :D

Béma;14825005 said:
I pulled the trigger one month ago.
..halfway there, and time flies!

Congrats man. What options did you go for?

I knew that I wanted micarta on this knife, so it stood between canvas and linen.. and in the end I finally went with green canvas handles.
I think I went with the ferro notch and black oxide fasteners if I remember correctly.

Back