The Transformation of a large CRK Classic

Thanks so much for the kind words bro. It was my honor and pleasure to work with a customer-become-friend. So cool to work on a project with Jake too!

I know I pushed you to do some seemingly impossible things, and just really appreciate your dedication to have this rebladed Classic a thing of perfection. Big things are on the horizon for REK...so exciting.
As excited as I am to have this knife in hand...our friendship and mutual respect is what made it fun!!
Looking forward to where your talents take you next in this ride of knives!!

Wow. You want me to take that to work with me for a couple weeks? I’ll only use it on underground days :D
In all seriousness that’s pretty impressive. Congrats

I know you would love that!! Gimme at least a week with it. ;)

I personally love mods and this is an amazing piece! Thank you for sharing.

And of course, I also would really dig seeing the action.

My pleasure! Video link up!

Beautiful knife.

n2s

Thank you.

truly a work of art, he did a amazing job, I was just wondering how long it took! thank you for the pic's.

No problem! How long it took? From mailing from my door to having it back...about a year and a half. Worth the wait.

Sic cool! Worth the wait , and expense, I'll bet!!!!

Thanks! The expense will stay with me for now. ;) Thanks for digging it. :)

Are you kidding! That dang thang is BEAUTIFUL my friend. I am just sure images don't do it full justice. What a Knife!

Correct and thank you. In hand...WOW! Pics cannot do this justice, however I will try to capture it in photos in the coming days.

That engraving is amazing!

Jake is a world class engraver...just phenominal.

I hate to tell you, but I think your warranty is void :)
Very impressive piece of work- congratulations

Thanks Peter! I know right? No washer replacements...no warranty. Lol. Oh well, i knew that going into it. Could you imagine? “Hi CRK, can I get a spa treatment done on my Classic?” Haha.

Last edited:
The deformation of a large CRK Classic

View attachment 1345323

First and foremost, I want to thank Josh @razoredgeknives and Jake Newell for taking on my project...and coming through with an outstanding and superb piece in my collection. Both their time and skills are greatly appreciated.

This is the journey that became...the deformation of a CRK Classic...my dream knife, and a prized knife in my collection. This journey started a year and a half ago...

Lets just say, as some of you know, I can’t leave anything alone...I need to make it mine. I need to embellish, I need to enhance. My mind runs all the time...it is a blessing and a curse.

I decided I wanted to start with my favorite knife platform, the Classic Sebenza. I ended up purchasing a used large Classic, with no box. :) Perfect. I had two main goals with this modification/embellishment to accomplish.
  1. Must be a front flipper
  2. Must be engraved
In my opinion, these guys knocked it outta the park!

Firstly, Josh REK Knives REK Knives did a fantastic job of the Damasteel Gysinge reblade. High polish on the Damasteel, and the tang was extended just a touch to create better purchase for front flipping. I was worried that extending the tang would throw off the lines of the beautiful CRK, but I believe it flows well. You can be your own judge. Josh, again, your painstaking persuit of perfection on this blade is greatly appreciated.

The hardware was polished, and the rear screw on the lockside was heat colored gold. It has a custom pivot bushing, as to not mess with the original blade/bushing. Josh’s edge is so sharp, it is scary. Haha. No joke.
The action is dialled in perfectly. Smooth, and crisp. Just a dream to flip. :D

Secondly, Jake Newell’s engraving skills are off the chart, and a very, very sincere thank you for being so excited about this project. I must have drove him bat crazy, back and forth until the sketch of the engraving was perfect and to my liking. Jake’s engraving has so so much depth, life, and is so cleanly and crisply cut I am beyond words. His gold inlays are fantasic and done with precision. Jake also faded out the sandblast on the lockside scale quite nicely. :)

The lanyard pin is blackened by yours truly.

Photos are next...
I’ll let you all be the judges...I am just so happy to share this with other enthusiasts and have posted first on Bladeforums. I am thrilled beyond words with how this collaboration turned out. You guys killed it! Thanks!

View attachment 1345327
View attachment 1345328
View attachment 1345321
View attachment 1345329
View attachment 1345330
View attachment 1345333
View attachment 1345332
View attachment 1345326
View attachment 1345363
photos courtesy of REK Knives REK Knives

Specs/Mods

Blade: High polish Damasteel Gysinge
Presentation scale: engraved/gold inlay
Lockside scale: engraved/gold inlay and faded sandblast.
Pocket clip: engraved
All screws high mirror polish
Lockside rear screw heat colored gold
Crk gold standoff
Blackened Ti Lanyard pin

Hope you all enjoyed this post.

Keep ‘em Sharp!
Speechless. :thumbsup:

I adore this thing. I had no idea such a conversion could be done. Now I'm looking into what it'll take to turn my rainbow Sebenza into a front flipper.

I adore this thing. I had no idea such a conversion could be done. Now I'm looking into what it'll take to turn my rainbow Sebenza into a front flipper.

Thanks! With the right craftsman, and some dough...anything is possible!

Whoa nelly

Hoping thats a good thing.

I have words,.... but this is a family friendly forum...:)
You..... lucky...... dawg! Amazing Sir!

Thanks!! I believe the word you are looking for is MotherFlower. ;) haha.

Clearer and fullsize video of action posted!
Thanks @miso2

Now that is a work of art. Stunning piece !!!
There’s no doubt that is one of a kind. Are you looking to adopt an older kid ? :oops:

I almost stood up and clapped when I finished reading your post.

:D Love your post! It really is something else. :) The craftsmanship is incredible. Thank you Kyle.

Now that is a work of art. Stunning piece !!!
There’s no doubt that is one of a kind. Are you looking to adopt an older kid ? :oops:

Thank you, Ajack60! No joke. Hmmm, adoption...could be an option. Ahaha.

That's the nicest sebenza I've ever seen. Full marks 10/10 outta the ball park sweet!

I agree, Marcus! Thank you.

Back