The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2020 forum knife possibility discussion thread

I wonder if bark river would be interested in a forum knife for us?

How about Hess?

I’d be in for one at least from either, but would think Bark River would be fairly expensive, and not everyone is crazy about the convex edges they put on their blades.

The stacked leather handles Hess makes are beautiful.

Since we are effectively dreaming at this point anyway :), I’ll add L.T. Wright to the discussion.

I dont think the fact that some forum members cant carry a particular knife style in public should eliminate it from consideration.

Everyone needs a Z-Wear Mora Garberg with brown flap leather sheath and brown handle by the fireplace for batoning kindling.

I think it's a shame that in all the years of BF knives, there is no Case representation. Is it a verified fact that Case is not interested in making a club/forum knife as an SFO? They were the biggest contributor from 1980-2010 for making club knives for the NKCA and others. I think a Case peanut would be a great BF knife for 2020, especially if a unique handle material were available.

I think it's a shame that in all the years of BF knives, there is no Case representation. Is it a verified fact that Case is not interested in making a club/forum knife as an SFO? They were the biggest contributor from 1980-2010 for making club knives for the NKCA and others. I think a Case peanut would be a great BF knife for 2020, especially if a unique handle material were available.

I was just thinking a peanut would be great ... even better if it was made by gec.

Something different would be cool. I think a small penknife such as a Senator or Peanut could be nice and I also like the idea of a small fixed blade. As we already know Buck Knives is willing to do small runs with special steels and handles - a Buck 118 Personal in S30V with a red handle would be just dandy! OH

I too would love to see this continue and a new pattern would be terrific! The maker is not really important, but a folder would be much better for everyone IMO.

Back