The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2020 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Or... Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly Dave...we order so many that they become literally as worthless as used spam on the second hand market ..thereby defeating flippers on an unprecedented scale...sharks fin soup anyone? Or we send down wandering ocean spirit or whatever her name is to talk to them about their misguided lives...which will cause them to swim off just to get away from the noise....
Theres no easy solution..

The easiest solution to the “flipper problem” is to forget about them. Don’t let that monkey ride on your back - the percent of our special knives that are “flipped” is small - you cannot mandate that someone else will feel a special connection to a knife. Enjoy yours and let the flipper flip his/hers. In the end it’s our endless knife talk and camaraderie here that matters most, if others don’t feel that connection then that’s okay too - they just don’t belong here. OH

The easiest solution to the “flipper problem” is to forget about them. Don’t let that monkey ride on your back - the percent of our special knives that are “flipped” is small - you cannot mandate that someone else will feel a special connection to a knife. Enjoy yours and let the flipper flip his/hers. In the end it’s our endless knife talk and camaraderie here that matters most, if others don’t feel that connection then that’s okay too - they just don’t belong here. OH

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your voice of reason. LET IT GO.

My sense is one of the paths forward involves politely requesting the owner and mods make a decision about whether there should be a forum knife in 2020, and once they decide on that everything else will have to follow-

either glorious polls and heartfelt knife manifestos from a community bonded deeper by common purpose, or,

a sad, lonely silence like ten thousand hearts breaking in the dark.

The answer awaits!

Scylla?
Medusa?
Poseidon?
Hades?
Persephone?
Demetri?
Ariel??
8HKgsFJ.jpg

Ain't that murman wedded to that near brain dead "Wonder Woman" what hates all the he's in the universe? (that poor fish, if he is)
She especially dislikes super man since he can fly and watch what she doing in that invisible plane a hers when it is on auto pilot, and she not in the cockpit.

tenor.gif

I think it's a shame that in all the years of BF knives, there is no Case representation. Is it a verified fact that Case is not interested in making a club/forum knife as an SFO? They were the biggest contributor from 1980-2010 for making club knives for the NKCA and others. I think a Case peanut would be a great BF knife for 2020, especially if a unique handle material were available.

I found a typo in your post. You meant to say "small texas jack" instead of "peanut."

Aquaman!
4rCSOrJ.jpg

But seriously, it would be nice to know if there actually IS going to be a 2020 forum knife. I'd hate to get all excited for nothing. (Like that never happens...)

THAT'S not Aquaman. THIS is Aquaman:
qEc7Sad.jpg

:D:D:D

Ain't that murman wedded to that near brain dead "Wonder Woman" what hates all the he's in the universe? (that poor fish, if he is)
She especially dislikes super man since he can fly and watch what she doing in that invisible plane a hers when it is on auto pilot, and she not in the cockpit.

ok team, next step is topless protesting by the ladies.......

and me being almost as blind as a bat from a distance ... :(
This is why I love you people, and this place, :D:thumbsup:

I think I saw that "Superman flies by as Wonder Woman uses the bathroom in her invisible jet" scene on Robot Chicken. And you are right, that is NOT Aquaman. Everyone knows that is Khal Drogo.

Imagine if you will, a large spear blade like this attached to a 23 frame but on the tang instead of usa it was stamped "Bladeforums 2020" and as your eyes slide down the rustic handle you smiled at the deeply jigged pattern dug into the amber bone scales....
I dont know about you guys but I just got aroused.

Just sayin. :D
FB_IMG_1582246783683.jpg

Oooh yeeeaaah...
Looks good.
But tell me...how did we get on to Aquaman?
and me being almost as blind as a bat from a distance ... :(
Good to see at least one of us is prepared to make a sacrifice for the greater good

Back