The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2020 forum knife possibility discussion thread

I would take a Buck fixed blade. I really am starting to like the vanguard! Or maybe one of their more classic fixed blades. Or another custom Buck folder again, maybe a 112?
I'd be in for a Bladeforums 112. Or GEC, or pretty much whatever. I gifted my 112 a couple of years ago and have been meaning to replace it.

A 112 in ebony with nickel silver bolsters and polished 440C would go good with last year's knife.

Part of the custom shop options as others have mentioned, so its possible in theory they could make us a BF 112.

Last edited:
The Buck 116 is a rare and unusual knife. I'd love to see one at less than collector prices.

There is a Pennsylvania bill in place now requesting the Govenor to allow some closed manufacturing businesses to reopen. Pa took a much harder line on closures than many other states as to what is essential and what is not. No idea if he will yield and sign it into law and whether that would allow GEC and Peters to open or not.

Back to the doctors knife. It can be either folder or fixed, don't care what size. One blade, a spatula.

The Buck 116 is a rare and unusual knife. I'd love to see one at less than collector prices.

There is a Pennsylvania bill in place now requesting the Govenor to allow some closed manufacturing businesses to reopen. Pa took a much harder line on closures than many other states as to what is essential and what is not. No idea if he will yield and sign it into law and whether that would allow GEC and Peters to open or not.

Our local paper says that PA will reopen on a county by county basis. Our county, Crawford, which includes GEC and Peters, is scheduled to reopen most businesses on May 8, as long as no uptick in virus cases breaks out.

Our local paper says that PA will reopen on a county by county basis. Our county, Crawford, which includes GEC and Peters, is scheduled to reopen most businesses on May 8, as long as no uptick in virus cases breaks out.

Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

GEC with antimicrobial fun acrylic scales gets my vote. Still think we need some colorful scales in the forum knife family.

:D;)

For real safety go for Copper, that means a Copper handled Mercator: it locks, it looks, it has a bail and its handles are very unpleasant for viruses:cool: Plus the Otter with a fish in its mouth is a very cool stamp.

It might if it gets the chance :D:cool:

In my view, the 2018 far surpassed the 2019, at least for what I want and use a knife for ;)
Ya the next one will be a knock out no doubt especially if the forum gets to vote on like 10 little details like last.

Greasing of the wheels is very apt ...further to my steam train analogy...this pic says it all I reckon...
rusting-ex-british-rail-steam-locomotive-48305-standing-in-woodham-E78-KWR.jpg

Its a very sad outlook for the 2020..

Back