The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2020 forum knife possibility discussion thread

There were an awful lot of votes for the sowbelly clip and the gunstock clip. I guess we will never know, but I wonder how the barlow would have fared in a head-to-head runoff with the swayback. :rolleyes:

A lot of people voted before the swing guard and gun stock mock-ups were shown and a lot of folks said they really liked them after but had already voted. I know time is short and respect that but I wonder how things would have turned out if they'd been up from the start.

I also agree with JohnDF JohnDF that the sheer volume of wood choices will dilute their results compared to horn.

If it's horn, I'm out.

We seem to be moving from non binding discussion of possibilities to voting on an actual knife, so I would think discussion should all be in the active BF2020 thread.

Leaving this thread open gives us a place to banter back and forth about the choices without mucking up the poll thread.
I will not banter back and forth or lobby strongly while the poll is open. I said my peace between the closing of the old poll and the opening of the new poll. I figure now it's time for people to vote and be on to the next step. Further back-and-forth just creates bad feelings.

I started the thread to generate discussion about a 2020 forum knife possibility, and if we keep this thread open many people will likely miss the actual BF2020 knife threads Knifeswapper is using to create the real thing.

I believe this thread has served its purpose and can be closed, but I am not a mod which why I suggested @Peregrin consider closing it.

I am surprised giraffe bone is so popular. I'm with Rachel--wouldn't want it. Looks like amboyna wood may win. All of the woods look good. Ram's horn too.
I like Ram Horn a lot and probably would have voted for it, until Mike said what he did.
I also like a Bone option, I would have voted for it but it would be too dividing of our members.
Wood seems to be the benign choice and all the options (bone and horn incl.) should make a fantastic knife.
I realize that people are allowed to vote for what they want, so be it.

Last edited:
I started the thread to generate discussion about a 2020 forum knife possibility, and if we keep this thread open many people will likely miss the actual BF2020 knife threads Knifeswapper is using to create the real thing.

I believe this thread has served its purpose and can be closed, but I am not a mod which why I suggested @Peregrin consider closing it.
Well, I kind of like this thread staying open so we don't clutter up the poll thread. I don't think people will be confused. But if you started the thread, I think you can close it if you really want to.

I see your reasoning, maybe an amendment to the title would be a good compromise? This thread generated allot of discussions and I feel was the catalyst to the eventual moving forward with a 2020 knife. I for one greatly appreciate that you started it.
Some are going to love this years knife,some will hate it, to paraphrase Lincoln "You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time" best we can hope for it to please most of the people most of the time I think. One thing I have noticed however, even when people didn't like a particular knife chosen, they at least appreciated the effort of those involved in its fruition. The Blade Forums knife isn't as much about the knife to me as it is the PEOPLE it represents. Which you know, is all of y'all :thumbsup:

Back