The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my all time favorite Forum Knife from 2009.

moPqdEv.jpg
Beautiful. To think I was around then and didn't get one. What the heck was I thinking?

I like this a lot, although I would also prefer it without the easy-open.
The sheep foot is so proud on the 25 frame that it makes the EO completely unnecessary. In fact, I bought a 25 sheep with an EO the last time they were run and the EO seemed so silly on a knife that simply didn't need it, that I sold the knife!

I like the idea of a small sheepfoot knife, but I suspect the EO would detract. Just my thoughts. YMMV, of course.

Beautiful. To think I was around then and didn't get one. What the heck was I thinking?

I missed out on that one too but it was due to some ambiguity at the time about Overseas postage and the then Mod in charge of it had to have an operation and it got messed up, regretted it then & now ;) It's a bold and beautiful effort certainly :cool: Mind you, there were a load of nay-sayers at the time tut-tutting inanely about it not being 'traditional' because a Wharncliffe had never been seen on a 2 blade Barlow before:rolleyes: Fortunately, they were disregarded :D

The sheep foot is so proud on the 25 frame that it makes the EO completely unnecessary. In fact, I bought a 25 sheep with an EO the last time they were run and the EO seemed so silly on a knife that simply didn't need it, that I sold the knife!

I like the idea of a small sheepfoot knife, but I suspect the EO would detract. Just my thoughts. YMMV, of course.

Proof that EO notches are still popular: sale of dremel tools are stable. My arthritis is the recurring kind, and it chooses two fingers out of ten at any given time. Well right now it's the right thumb and the left middle finger. So both the opening hand and the one holding the knife are weak. And with nail nicks somehow getting thinner and shallower, I'm down to using the peanut which I can open with any finger nail I choose. I reckon a one-blade EO, 3 inches closed, with only the pivot end bolstered, slimmer than the usual 25, would be inexpensive and handy.

But here's an alternative: a new single-blade toothpick. The entire open edge of the handle is an EO notch. And you get a long, sexy curving blade. How's that?

Sweet!!!, Thank you Charlie and Bill.

Charlie can you show this beauty with the pinched and grooved bolster to Bill? Im sure you guys have seen this before of course but I drool over this design.......
Northfield UnXld, Northfield two blade jack.jpg

Latest report!! Bill wouldn't mention a pattern, but thinks he can produce a knife for us in the Fall!!
I had to stay calm!! Yahoo!!!!! was my only thought!:eek::D
He has about 4 knives/runs coming up so far this year, and was not about to give me any spoiler alerts, but thinks he can include us in one of the later ones. He likes our Jackrabbit idea for a knife, but no commitment exists yet, so we are still up in the air for a pattern; but it looks like a good chance we will get a GEC knife this year!!
Stay tuned!!;)

Great!!! I'm in!!! I missed last years but I was OK since I have a similar design.

any interest in an #83 forum knife, as they will be in production by latter part of the year?
Couldn't go wrong with an 83. I only have one buts its likely in my top 5 favourite GEC that i own. I would be very pleased if it worked out with that pattern.

News from GEC!! Bill has made us an offer!! I think it also previews a knife he will make later in the year! Tell me what you think!!View attachment 1541829

Charlie,

I like it. I would like it a LOT better with a secondary coping/sheepfoot blade. Regardless, I am excited at the prospect of having a clip-point folder from GEC as this year's knife and will sign up for 2 of whatever we come up with.

Thanks for all of your efforts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back