The Upcoming and Past Toothpick Thread

so wilhelm is like a German Mark twain or Ambrose Bierce?!

thats pretty nerdy
It's one of Frank's (the guy doing the SFO) favorite writers and he also uses the Wilhelm portrait as a logo for his website. I tend to look at the Old Man shield on my #14 and admire it simply for the way it looks. I like to think of it as just an old man but nobody in particular even though I know who it actually is.
IMG_4378.JPG

This year the #12 Toothpick *GREEN BONE* Turkish Clip! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last year the #46 Whaler :D:D

Maybe a #92 Eureka Jack is on the horizon? ;)

Life is Good :cool::)

It's one of Frank's (the guy doing the SFO) favorite writers and he also uses the Wilhelm portrait as a logo for his website. I tend to look at the Old Man shield on my #14 and admire it simply for the way it looks. I like to think of it as just an old man but nobody in particular even though I know who it actually is.
View attachment 1094066
I like to think the Wilhelm shield adds instant personality to a knife and gives it character right out of the tube :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Totally agree, & that BR N'field is (still) in good hands. The heft and in-hand feel of GEC's #12s is really sweet IMO. I use this one a great deal in the kitchen. Though the pic was taken when it was still new/newish there's no telling how many strawberries I've sliced with it. Will update to show a current pic when I'm able. The elk covers have a slight reddish stain to them now.

sF8vewQ.jpg
That is a beautiful set right there.

This will be my first tooth pick from GEC. I can’t imagine the amount of finish work that would go into this pattern.

I am likely going to hold off on this run. We'll see what they have at the rendezvous though. If they did it in farm and field trim as a fish knife (with or without scaler) in stainless I'd buy it.

This will be a short run but I can't find any ongoing Toothpick threads and thought it would be good start one. I do like consistency :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1093849

There will be two SFOs this run. One is for Frank Powers (blood red jig bone with Wilhelm shield) and I'm not sure who the other is for yet. If anyone knows please divulge :thumbsup:

And Dark Green Camel Bone? Sounds interesting enough for me to reserve one of those and a Che Chen. These will be my first Toothpicks and am looking forward to trying out the classic pattern.

I think the dark green camel bone is being introduced into normal runs because it went well at least year's rendezvous.

Undoubtedly too late for this run, but I just sent GEC suggestions/recommendations/ideas for a stainless clip/coping pairing. I want to believe they listen to their customers and someone reads emails. At least in my mind it's a good idea. :)

I also mentioned the world needs more gold glitter, and no I'm not joking. Would look great on a t'pick. I really do wish I'd have gobbled up the entire series when the picking was good.

The world always needs more glitter gold. Sadly, I doubt much of it will come from GEC. They seemed to say that once their current stock of the material is gone it's done. So probably only very short runs.

Back