The "Whatever" Thread

Going to be a quiet weekend. Tomorrow Connie is going shopping with Becky and Hayley to get a new dress for a school dance, and on Sunday Connie is going to lunch with some of her friends, so I'm just going to take it easy, maybe go to the gun shop to drool on the counters. I'm not a sports fan so Super Bowl does nothing for me.

I've been down and out for a number of weeks with some kind of respiratory bug. Starting to feel a little better. The wife has me on house arrest, so I haven't seen my workshop in a good couple weeks. Hoping to spend a little time down there this weekend. Got a fundraiser comedy night thing to go to tomorrow night, so that should be fun. Our son is having a bunch of his buddies over for the super bowl. I'm just going low key, and will watch it, but am not going to do any major cooking for the boys, they are on their own.

Get well soon, Glenn!

I have no clue what this weekend holds. I have a dead tree in the backyard that needs to be cut down, but the forecast is iffy. Haven't decided if I'm watching the Super Bowl yet.

Spent last weekend snow skiing with the family, so this weekend I have to pay the piper. My wife will be at the hospital all weekend, which means me and the kids will be unsupervised. I should be ok...they have me out numbered and out smarted, but I'm still bigger, so yeah...I should be ok.

I missed out on skiing today due being on kid duty. My wife is traveling, so I’m on day 3 of a 5 day stint as solo dad with my two young girls. On top of that, she flies back in at about the end of the 3rd quarter of the Super Bowl.

Sorry to hear you are down, Glenn. Make sure you are wearing a good respirator in the shop.

I think I ruined my lungs over the years - early on with smoking, and all along with working in the shop and breathing in all the dust and chemicals that go along with working on cars and bikes.

They said "stop smoking and your lungs will repair themselves..."

Well - not so much!

best

mqqn

Last edited:
Going to be a quiet weekend. Tomorrow Connie is going shopping with Becky and Hayley to get a new dress for a school dance, and on Sunday Connie is going to lunch with some of her friends, so I'm just going to take it easy, maybe go to the gun shop to drool on the counters. I'm not a sports fan so Super Bowl does nothing for me.

The kids and grandkids are coming over and I am going to take the easy route (croc pot instead of smokers) and make some wings and such.

Nothing big - we normally have two tv's going, and the game is really secondary to the gathering.

At the gun shop - see if they have a Bond Arms Bullpup pistol. Interesting.

best

mqqn

Im not a pro ball fan but i was blessed with teaching all day and night. and cellphones dont work at my work so no superbowl for me. I will be walking till daylight for valentines day so that should be fun

I've seen pictures of the Bond, very unusual.

Yea - those are odd looking, but then I thought Glocks were odd looking at first.

Well - the kids are blowing us off - I made 10 lbs of wings , little smokies, chips and dips - and it will be Maggie and maybe one of my workmates.

They are making the decision to move south easier and easier. ;^)

best

mqqn

Snow is tapering off a little now, supposed to start again tomorrow. Still better than the freezing rain we had this morning. Connie and her friends cancelled their day out because of the weather.
As a side note, today would have been my Dad's 97th birthday. He's been gone 14 years, but I still miss him and think of him every day.

Hope everyone is enjoying the game so far. It's just us at home and we're really enjoying the quiet for a change. The wife still fixed a few of our favorite game day foods and I'm drinking real beer for a change. We've been trying to be more health conscience for the last several months which equates to light beer. So far I've had a couple chocolate peanut butter porters and a Dogfish IPA, no "dilly dilly" here tonight. Hope everyone has a great evening and a safe trip home.

Snow here every day with a possibility of another 10" tomorrow night into Friday.

Snow here every day with a possibility of another 10" tomorrow night into Friday.

Wow!! Hopefully the weather doesn't cause you guys too much grief.

We had a little ice and sleet last night. Pretty crazy how different the weather is between us.

When we used to go to DuBois and Murphysboro in the winter I was always surprised at the difference in the weather.

Yeah it is crazy. Seems like there is more ice and sleet than snow. We had an inch or two a while back, and that is the only snow this year to speak of. It has gotten plenty cold, though. A couple weeks back a couple friends and myself explored some frozen waterfalls/cascades. I should have brought my camera because it was awesome.

When I was living in Macomb in 2011, we had a blizzard that left like 2 or 3 feet of snow. College was closed for a week. Down here they got like 6 or 8" out of the same storm. I remember people from that area coming down here with their plows and making a ton of money because the crews here are so under-equipped for snow.

Back