The "Whatever" Thread

Hoping to get out to celebrate after all the craziness is done here, maybe in a couple of weeks.

I recently started digging into my family tree. I started on my fathers side because of the complications I expect with researching my mother's family. I have traced my family back to England and the first of my ancestors to settle in America. One picture I came across that I find very interesting is my great-great-grandparents taken on their 66th wedding anniversary. He lived to be 103, she only lived to be 98. I have been searching but unable to identify the other two people in the picture.

One of my Dad's cousins researched our family tree on his side, I've got a copy of it here somewhere. One of my Dad's uncles was the mayor of Grant Park Illinois and also the town blacksmith.

That's really cool.

I don't know nearly as much about my family history as I should.

When we were getting stuff ready for the estate sale at the farm, we came across a picture that I believe was my great grandma's grandma. There was an uncanny resemblance to my sister. It was almost as if my sister dressed up and took one of those old-timey pics. Couldn't believe it.

Worker B&T, working some T.
They stock a local pond with trout this time every year. Only trout fishing in Mississippi. It’s the only time I keep Trout to eat because the water will warm in a couple months and they all die anyway.

YXpLoNm.jpg

Roads are solid ice this morning. Took me 25 minutes to drive Connie to work, it's 4 miles away, and that's with 4WD. Cars are in ditches everywhere.

My neighborhood was the same way this morning until I got to the highway. Thankfully that was nice and dry.

Same here, roads were like skating rinks yesterday and this morning. We also had a bunch of power outages (ourselves included) due to ice-soaked branches coming down.

Wow! Be safe out there, everyone! Is the forecast showing some relief soon, or are y'all going to be in it for a while?

rdrogers rdrogers What a GREAT picture !!! A B&T with a nice looking trout. I bet it tasted good.

Cajun seasoning inside and out, then stuffed with onion and lemon slices. Wrapped in foil and tossed on a hot grill. Mighty fine eating for sure.

ETA: That B&T was like a lightsaber. Unzipped those fish faster than any knife I’ve owned. Perfection in its intended use. Love this knife. Sliced up the onions and lemon, too. What a great “Worker”

Last edited:
Back