The "Whatever" Thread

I'm in army mandated quarantine loosing my mind. Last day though. 14 days not leaving my house

I'm secretly hoping for quarantine... this swing shift thing into 3rd is not for me. Tonight and tomorrow and then hopefully I'll be able to get more than 4-5 hours of sleep.

More truthfully, I volunteered for the inconvenience because I actually want to try and help keep the company up and running since having a job in 6 months isn't guaranteed, even for an essential business. I'm pretty sure I'm half mentally-retarded at this point from lack of sleep. This kind of thing was a lot easier before the wife and kids.

Went to a wild party last night. It was our neighbors 70th birthday. The two neighbors next door sat on their porch, the two neighbors on the other side of us sat 20 feet away in the front yard, and we were 20 feet away in our front yard. It was nice to actually talk to someone!

Sounds like you had a nice time.

I've been trying to keep up here, but work has been kicking my ass. I'm IT and have been really busy the last few weeks getting all my clients set up to work remotely. Now when the have a problem at home they freak the hell out and I've been bombarded by phone calls (4 at a time sometimes) and some of them have even been texting me at 8:30 PM (those don't get answered). I finally got a good night's sleep yesterday. Looking forward to doing nothing today.

One of my favorite T-shirts. Seems more appropriate than ever.

4jkVe01.jpg

Jeff

cbach8tw cbach8tw that does resemble an Eldris except for the much better steel John used. I guess I'm in the minority concerning the Eldris. It's the only Mora I've owned that I can't find a real use for. I consider it too bulky for pocket carry. As a small backup blade it takes up too much space in pouch/pack. If I want a lightweight necker the 510 is more versatile. I've still got an Eldris thinking one day I will find the niche where it belongs but I haven't gotten close yet.

I feel the same way, I want to get one because it is so affordable, but I cannot see a use for it that I cannot already do with my HC and my Extended Worker, plus I have a 3/32 HC with upgraded steel on order too.

This past weekend was youth day for spring turkey hunting. We shot some Friday. The wife's 20ga youth model pump is a bit much for our son but I was able to sit behind him and help get decent patterns at 25 yds.
Saturday started our chilly but luckily the wind was calm and the sun came out bright. The weather couldn't have been better. We heard several gobblers and saw many turkeys but came home empty handed. It was still an epic hunt that I'll remember for years.
If you're a turkey hunter you can appreciate the challenge of trying to get one within range when it's not just you but your wife and son also.

This past weekend was youth day for spring turkey hunting. We shot some Friday. The wife's 20ga youth model pump is a bit much for our son but I was able to sit behind him and help get decent patterns at 25 yds.
Saturday started our chilly but luckily the wind was calm and the sun came out bright. The weather couldn't have been better. We heard several gobblers and saw many turkeys but came home empty handed. It was still an epic hunt that I'll remember for years.
If you're a turkey hunter you can appreciate the challenge of trying to get one within range when it's not just you but your wife and son also.

We always joked that turkeys are the dumbest animals until you try to hunt them.

There was a big boy with about t hens that walked through my back yard this weekend. I bet he had at least a foot long beard on him. Gave our little boy a show as he strut for his ladies. Big bird, made me wish I still hunted. I plan to get back into at least small game hunting in the near future.

So, are people getting alerts when they are @'d? I did not get a notification the last two times and my preferences are set to notify me.

I know this isn't tech support, but I don't feel like getting bombarded by alerts, unnecessarily.

So, are people getting alerts when they are @'d? I did not get a notification the last two times and my preferences are set to notify me.

I know this isn't tech support, but I don't feel like getting bombarded by alerts, unnecessarily.

I think I get them every time. I do know that notifications can easily be missed on a mobile device and if you are following a thread but don't view it all the way to the end you will stop getting notifications. I use a laptop 90% of the time so I don't think I miss many notifications.

I think I get them every time. I do know that notifications can easily be missed on a mobile device and if you are following a thread but don't view it all the way to the end you will stop getting notifications. I use a laptop 90% of the time so I don't think I miss many notifications.
I get a quote alert, but when you @'d me, I didn't get that and they aren't in the alert history. You can't greatscoot greatscoot yourself either.

And you have the "mentions you in a comment" checked in the alert preferences?

upload_2020-4-7_19-17-7.png

John, Love your relaxing pic with the dogs. I have had boxers since I was around 3. My parents bred two females when I was a kid. Always fun to have 10 or more puppies around. I love the boxer look: mean face warm heart. They are the best family dog ever. My inlaws always had Shih Tsu's. Dumb as a box of rocks, but like the boxers, they love people - especially their family. Glad to hear you are surviving these trying times! Even partying a bit! I have been fortunate. I have been extemely busy at work. Working from home but my customers are essential to the current economy (box makers, pharma and others)

Back