The "Whatever" Thread

in my experience, tent sizing is based on european mountain climbers -- there's actually a picture on the box of how they expect 4 people in mummy bags to fit in that tent. 3 people alternating head and feet and 1 person "crossing the T".

IME - a 9x9 is perfect for 1 person for 2 weeks or 2 people for a long weekend.

I agree and that's kind of what I read everywhere which is why I went with the 4-person. You could cram 4 people in there but if you want to move at all, get a 4-person for 3 people.

As far as crossing the T, my head touches one wall and the toes poke the other so crossing the T in this one won't work as nicely, unless I was at the wrong side as it's an asymmetric design for aerodynamics. I bought it hoping for a trip in the mountains of Montana but with COVID we're looking for alternate plans now. Probably heading to the UP around Pictured Rocks.

Side note, recently tried sweetened condensed milk as coffee creamer because we were out of milk... it's delicious.

Evaporated milk in scrambled eggs.
Sweetened condensed milk and eggs is halfway to bread pudding.

Evaporated milk in scrambled eggs.
Sweetened condensed milk and eggs is halfway to bread pudding.

Sounds amazing. I like bread pudding.

I have a bunch the stuff left from an old idea that didn't come around. I forgot how close to caramel it tastes.

got a crock pot?
if yes, you can use it to make soft caramel out of an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk.
use a trivet to lift the unopened can off the bottom of the crock pot (gotta have water completely surrounding the can or it goes boom)
add water until the can is completely submerged - maybe 1" of water above the can
turn crock pot on high for 3-5 hours -- or low for 8-10.
after it's done cooking, let it sit in the unopened can until cool enough to hold.

I picked up this budget Schrade combo for $45 and change. Both items seem to be of decent quality. Testing will begin this weekend (along with the Wolverine).

OxEY5pn.jpg

Jeff

I had one of the originals back when I collected Schrades, even had an old Schrade display case from an old general store.

Am I the only one that uses there jks so much that you have no clue where they all are. Ill need one and be l know the perfect knife for that. Use it set it down wherever in the house. Then get yelled at because I leave knives laying around.

I'm on the hunt for my custom hunter. It needs pocket time. I remember cutting open some protein bag with it. So I'm gonna guess my gym bag or pantry

Am I the only one that uses there jks so much that you have no clue where they all are. Ill need one and be l know the perfect knife for that. Use it set it down wherever in the house. Then get yelled at because I leave knives laying around.

My wife is pretty good about making sure none of mine get left around... or the toddler brings it to one of us and I get the stare of death. I only did that once or twice so now I know where they all are and I'm even good about knowing when they fall out of my pocket (pocket sheath) when wrestling around with the kiddo.

Getting some help changing batteries this morning while mom was out of the room. She might disapproved of the tool choice.

R2ndlH5l.jpg

Cynpvwel.jpg

It was hard work, so we rested a little afterward. He may not get the job done faster but he makes it a lot more fun.
uAzafCJl.jpg

I have most of my JK's in a large duffel bag - I always joked that it was my 40 pounds of JK knives -
I am more inclined to leave my ZT/Kershaws laying about.

I have a few JK's that I use for food prep, but those are in a drawer in the kitchen.

I don't mind having first-world problems like these. :)

best

mqqn

Back