The "Whatever" Thread

I am coming to the conclusion my JKs need more usage. Fall usage may be in the works. Anyone else care to share what things are being done with their JKs this week or fall? Camping or hiking or just woods walking, etc.

Saturday was the first day of bow season. I haven't bow hunted the past couple years but decided to spend more time in the woods this year. I didn't get a shot but saw several deer including 3 bucks. Considering I was on national forest that was good.
I'm hoping to get back to the same location Friday and take my son with me. I know having a 6 year old along and hunting from the ground works against me but it's more about being there than killing a deer.......not that I'd turn down fresh venison.

Made it back from our trip to Colorado last week. We had a blast!! A lot of time in the wilderness, and also exploring places / cities we haven’t been before. We were in the SW corner of the state, and the fall colors were amazing. Not used to that much color in Texas!

X7nhJZu.jpg

Saturday was the first day of bow season. I haven't bow hunted the past couple years but decided to spend more time in the woods this year. I didn't get a shot but saw several deer including 3 bucks. Considering I was on national forest that was good.
I'm hoping to get back to the same location Friday and take my son with me. I know having a 6 year old along and hunting from the ground works against me but it's more about being there than killing a deer.......not that I'd turn down fresh venison.

Seeing 3 bucks on public land in awesome!! Best of luck to you this weekend.

I also made it out yesterday (this was also opening weekend of bow season in Texas). Saw several bucks, including a mature 8 point that’s on my hit list. Wasn’t able to get a shot, but will be trying again this weekend.

Do you ever sit and wonder how you got to where you are in life? Many who knew me when I was younger probably consider me a failure or an underachiever but they are wrong. I might not live in a big house with nice things and new vehicles but my home is paid for as are our vehicles. I pretty much raised my older son by myself and I couldn't be prouder of the man he is. I now have a beautiful wife who loves me(even though I still can't understand why) and an incredible young son that means the world to me. I believe he will be more like me than his big brother and I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
Just rambling after an unusually nice dinner for no reason on a Wednesday that was not only a good steak but also a cheap bottle of wine. I guess my question should be: Are you happy when you look in the mirror? My life may be far from perfect but I'm happy where I am. I hope all of you in my JK family feel the same!

Do you ever sit and wonder how you got to where you are in life? Many who knew me when I was younger probably consider me a failure or an underachiever but they are wrong. I might not live in a big house with nice things and new vehicles but my home is paid for as are our vehicles. I pretty much raised my older son by myself and I couldn't be prouder of the man he is. I now have a beautiful wife who loves me(even though I still can't understand why) and an incredible young son that means the world to me. I believe he will be more like me than his big brother and I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
Just rambling after an unusually nice dinner for no reason on a Wednesday that was not only a good steak but also a cheap bottle of wine. I guess my question should be: Are you happy when you look in the mirror? My life may be far from perfect but I'm happy where I am. I hope all of you in my JK family feel the same!

Words of wisdom. You sound rich to me.....where it counts. Thanks for sharing.

If this forum stays as slow as it’s been, I don’t see any reason to keep it going. I really can’t figure out how I can try to make it more fun and get people participating.

Back