The "Whatever" Thread

Got my second round of the virus vaccine this morning. So far I'm feeling okay but my wife and a few others I know didn't do well the day after.
It may or may not help the big picture but I'll be damned glad when we can return to something close to normal.

Got my second round of the virus vaccine this morning. So far I'm feeling okay but my wife and a few others I know didn't do well the day after.
It may or may not help the big picture but I'll be damned glad when we can return to something close to normal.

A lot of people felt sick after the 2nd dose. I think my wife was the only one in their whole doctor's office that didn't get flu-like ailments.

Mail man just teased me. She said I have mail for you. I was thinking sweet my bluegill then she handed me to pre approved credit card envelopes. They went right in the shredder. And I cracked a tall boy

There once was a story of a man who wanted as much junk as possible, he used tomit the wood stove to heat his home. Would the different types of print in the paper clog the flue?

A lot of people felt sick after the 2nd dose. I think my wife was the only one in their whole doctor's office that didn't get flu-like ailments.
I still feel okay this morning. My wife went with two other teachers from the preschool. She felt bad the following day but still worked. The others called in sick.

Where I work, we get a day off with paid COVID leave the day after the 2nd shot, just in case or reactions, we just have to show the card as proof it was done.
I was both surprised and disappointed that my employer didn't offer us the day off. I got my shot through medical services at work. When I asked about side effects the reply was to see my family Dr. then call HR. Since this started last year they have been pretty good about paid time off for incidents relating to the virus.

Just curious what turn around times are for builds. Also curious which JK John would suggest for a camp knife, fire making and general outdoor tasks including eating and/or game. I was told the Kephart and especially the Canadian Belt knife would be great choices for right at $200.

Right around 8 weeks or less. My choice would be the Kephart.
Just curious what turn around times are for builds. Also curious which JK John would suggest for a camp knife, fire making and general outdoor tasks including eating and/or game. I was told the Kephart and especially the Canadian Belt knife would be great choices for right at $200.

Happy Easter everyone!!!

What would the Rule 9 look like again for a camp knife? Does it have a 4 to 4.5 inch blade? Just curious, since I have a Kephart already.
You can also get it in 3/32” thick for better slicing for food preparation.

The Kephart is great, but if you like a little more blade length like I do then the Mud Turtle is a big win. I have both, love both, but the mud turtle is what I use most. The extra 1" of blade is very nice. I have a Candian belt knife with a clip point and additional 1/2" of blade length (slight mod to the design John did for me) that serves as my camp cooking knife and does a lot of work in my kitchen. The Canadian belt knife offers better clearance for the knuckles but it's going to give up some of the comfort using it for fire prep because of the angles.

If "game" includes moose or elk, I wouldn't pass the Hudson Bay either but it's much bigger than most people are looking for when we think of an all-purpose camp knife. It certainly favors the fire making but it has made a great kitchen knife as well in the thinner 1/8" stock I requested for mine. The price is much higher as well because it's a lot more work for John to make.

Imgur isn't working for me right now but I should have a few photos with all of my JK's, past and present. I can only do huge pics as it won't let me share smaller images which load much faster on the forum.

Hudson Bay
8gZAdY1.jpg

Mud turtle from a passaround compared to the Kephart
r6ElQjz.jpg

My mud turtle
eDKdTvZ.jpg

Kephart and Clipped Canadian Belt Knife in the middle there, around some other burlap handled JK's
uf56ybQ.jpg

John, I wrote you a message on Instagram but disregard since you wrote here.
Can you message me here about a Kephart. I’m not a paying member so I can’t message you.
Thank you!
Right around 8 weeks or less. My choice would be the Kephart.

Happy Easter everyone!!!

What would the Rule 9 look like again for a camp knife? Does it have a 4 to 4.5 inch blade? Just curious, since I have a Kephart already.

Where I think the Rule 9 would be less good as a camp knife is for food prep since it has less belly. But, the handle is really good for it and the straighter blade does woodprocessing and woodcrafting things very nicely. I have a scandi Rule 9 that feels a lot like a woodlore styled bushcraft knife. I was going to share a pic of that as well but I don't think it's going to be better than the Kephart for what the gentleman wants.

Back