The Wonderous Wharncliffe

A little off topic, but on thread - what's the deal with all the deleted, moved pics? I'm a newly registered user and can't post pics so don't have a clue what this is all about.

A little off topic, but on thread - what's the deal with all the deleted, moved pics? I'm a newly registered user and can't post pics so don't have a clue what this is all about.

I suspect some have cleaned out or ended their Photobucket or other web foto hosting accounts, many to make room for additional fotos. If you have a free Photobucket, there is a limit as to how many fotos one can store.

Let's bring back this amazing thread! I spent a lot of time on these pages drooling over the amazing knives. Enough of the photos are intact to make going back through worth it.

I still have the 55 but have added, lost and added more over the years. Here is my current collection of wharncliffe's

Y73NB5J.jpg

Ettrick right by Wright

Really liked this one when I got it, different, rare pattern seemed good finish. However, this Christmas I gave it some work splitting/scoring Chestnuts for making stuffing. Wharncliffes can be known for fragile tips but this on got a BENT tip curling over from the job:eek: I don't know what type of carbon steel Wright's use but it must be some soft:poop::D Looks OK though. It can manage these shelled Pecans though;)

FpMdCXf.jpg

Back