Things non knife people say

meh ... haters gonna hate. ;)

+1 on this.

Someone is always going to question something you do, something you are, or something you believe in. As long as it doesn't directly impinge on your health, job, or put you in jail, they have a right to whatever goofy reality they want to think. Best to ignore it and move on to more important things.

That being said, it does present an excellent opportunity to reply with a statement that educates, rather than insults. Unfortunately, sometimes our own eccentricities or tastes often do not have a logical reasoning behind them.

My friends use all sorts of tools for work. They always make fun of my little Gerber Curve... until they realize that they keep leaving their tools in the truck and want to use it for it's bottle opener (after hours... of course).

...My friends use all sorts of tools for work. They always make fun of my little Gerber Curve... until they realize that they keep leaving their tools in the truck and want to use it for it's bottle opener (after hours... of course).

Glad you don't work for Chrysler:

[youtube]hzyRjX_pX5c[/youtube]

I have people ask why I need a "weapon" on me at all times and I have to explain to them that I see my blades as less of a weapon and more of a tool I can use in various scenarios. I also have people ask why I own 10+ "identical" knives, and I have to explain the difference between my Spyderco collection consisting of: Delica 4, techno, southard, paramilitary 2, manix 2, native 5, stretch, Yojimbo 2, sage 2, and my superleaf.

One of the dumbest things a sheeple has said to me when I introduced a knife to an impending cutting task was, "Why do you carry a knife?"

To which I say, without hesitation or even so much as making eye contact, because God gave me neither talons nor fangs.

LOL.. Like a boss :cool:

My uncle is certinly a non-knife person. I carry concealed and typically carry two knives. (Leatherman micra, Bradford 3, sebenza 25). He once said to me "If you carry a gun all the time why carry knives?" To which I replied "Last time I tried to open a box with my glock things got messy." He doesn't ask anymore.

this just made me bust out laughing. really great thread here im loving this haha

so heres a good question: how many of you have actually ran into someone you didn't know, who was a fellow knife enthusiast and sparked a convo? im talking like grocery store type setting, no blade shows or gun shop talk..

so heres a good question: how many of you have actually ran into someone you didn't know, who was a fellow knife enthusiast and sparked a convo? im talking like grocery store type setting, no blade shows or gun shop talk..
I got pulled over in Virginia they searched my whole vehicle for drugs(didn't find any no surprise) but I had 7 knoves they did not care at all the one copy then comes over and say your all clear and by the way I want you g10 griptilian.Pulls out his grip and then we talked about other companies for about 10 min

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I love when you're carrying a manual opener and someone says why are you carrying a switch blade??
It seems any knife that opens one handed is a switch blade.
Ugh.
Also, I hear why do you have so many??? Usually asked by friends that have 300 golf clubs with a 32 handicap!!
Joe

My mom called my homemade friction folder a "stiletto" so I had to pull out a real one to show her the difference.

I got pulled over in Virginia they searched my whole vehicle for drugs(didn't find any no surprise) but I had 7 knoves they did not care at all the one copy then comes over and say your all clear and by the way I want you g10 griptilian.Pulls out his grip and then we talked about other companies for about 10 min

ha, that sucks getting pulled over but thats actually pretty cool. Back in the day I got pulled over, pulled out of my car and shaken down, asked me if i had any weapons on me to which I reply'd, no only my pocket knife. It was a plain jane kershaw leek, he took it from me and never gave it back.

My dad says he doesn't need a fancy multitool, so he just buys pos 10$ ones that I constantly have to tighten up / repair for him.
He clearly needs a multitool, but he won't buy a real one or at the very least take back his old 1st gen Gerber that he gave me ( he bought some dewalt pos that he likes more for some reason )
( the leatherman wingman is often on sale for 25$ and even that is " fancy " )

So basically my issue is people who clearly need a knife or mt but aren't into them enough to buy something that's actually worth a damn , and don't see any issue with constantly having to put money into the pieces of crap they go with instead.

One of the dumbest things a sheeple has said to me when I introduced a knife to an impending cutting task was, "Why do you carry a knife?"

To which I say, without hesitation or even so much as making eye contact, because God gave me neither talons nor fangs.

I always say "to cut stuff. Like this thing I'm cutting for you here, right now. Would you rather have me cut it, or would you like to chew your way through it?"

Back in the day I got pulled over, pulled out of my car and shaken down, asked me if i had any weapons on me to which I reply'd, no only my pocket knife. It was a plain jane kershaw leek, he took it from me and never gave it back.

If he didn't charge you with anything, that officer stole your knife.

The only time I have ever had my car searched was driving into Canada with some folks I worked with. I didn't know them very well or where they came from and the customs people picked up on that very quickly. They of course did not find anything but they did have a few questions about some of the things in my trunk. I had samples stored back there.

i-i-i-is it sharp?

No, I prefer to only carry dull slabs of steel on me at all times... OF COURSE IT'S SHARP!

hey hickory, you should jusr buy your dad a wingman or better for Christmas.

If he didn't charge you with anything, that officer stole your knife.

The only time I have ever had my car searched was driving into Canada with some folks I worked with. I didn't know them very well or where they came from and the customs people picked up on that very quickly. They of course did not find anything but they did have a few questions about some of the things in my trunk. I had samples stored back there.
He didn't take it is originally got pulled over on i81 doing 95 in 60 cop said he smelled burnt Marijuana but I wasn't smoking nor did I have any lol real nice cops I'm from NJ so having 7 knoves is illegal in Virginia they said it's no big deal wierd

That must have been around Roanoke. Have driven through there many many times. I have gotten pulled over for speeding in VA by a state policeman. That was back during the 55 mph days. Such is life. Paid the fine and moved on with life.

That must have been around Roanoke. Have driven through there many many times. I have gotten pulled over for speeding in VA by a state policeman. That was back during the 55 mph days. Such is life. Paid the fine and moved on with life.
It was in Roanoke lol he let me no go tickets

I seem to encounter people who are enthused about whatever I am caring right up until I tell them the price of it. After that? The conversation usually ends shortly after. It baffles me how much people expect for so little cost.

I seem to encounter people who are enthused about whatever I am caring right up until I tell them the price of it. After that? The conversation usually ends shortly after. It baffles me how much people expect for so little cost.

This is true. Consider that you can buy a pretty serviceable micro wave oven for less than $100. People don't have anything to compare the cost of knives too in their lives other than their inexpensive kitchen knives that many of us use all the time.

This is true. Consider that you can buy a pretty serviceable micro wave oven for less than $100. People don't have anything to compare the cost of knives too in their lives other than their inexpensive kitchen knives that many of us use all the time.
Yup if I'm paying 200 for a knife damn right I'm using it. It's gotta work for me it's kinda like paying a worker. Sure a 20$ knife can cut stuff but it will have to be sharpened more often may not hold up as long so you will have to replace that 20$ knife at least 5 times before I have to sharpen one

Back